Geforce GTS 450 - trying to get it working with GA-EP45-UD3P

camromney

6 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I have a working hackintosh with a Geforce 8800 card but recently upgraded to the EVGA GTS 450 1GB DDR5 RAM Fermi card.

Now I'm trying to get my Machine to work with it properly.

I've tried the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]-GE. My procedure was... I booted from the CD and then selected my 10.6.3 Snow Leopard Installation image. I did the -x and pressed enter. Crashes.

I was able to perform a clean install with iatkos s3 v2 but the video card doesn't work. I updated to 10.6.5, installed Chameleon V2 RC5. Installed the tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update and restarted. It boots into OSX just fine without safe mode, but I don't think it's finding my card properly.

I have two monitors hooked up. It sees only one, and when I start Front Row to see if Qe is enabled, it's just a black screen. I can't change the resolution.

With my old installation I could change all this and it was working ok so I'm pretty sure it's not functioning right yet.

My system specs are below, following that is my com.apple.boot.plist file from my "Extra" folder, following that is my com/apple/boot/plist file from my Library/Preferences/System Configuration folder. I don't know what the difference is between the two, I'm not an expert on this stuff, but there are definitely differences in the entries therein.

Following these entries is a list of kext installed in my Extra/Extensions folder.

I'd be so grateful if anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong, or suggest a workaround. I can reinstall as many times as I need to.

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.83 Q9550

8GB RAM

EVGA GTS 450 1GB GDDR5 RAM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">'>http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>UseNvidaROM</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>LegacyLogo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>arch</key>

<string>i386</string>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Quiet Boot</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

<key>arch</key>

<string>i386</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Quiet Boot</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

<key>arch</key>

<string>i386</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AHCIPortinjector.kext

ATAPortinjector.kext

Disabler.kext

ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext

EvOreboot.kext

fakesmc.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

JMicronATAInjector.kext

If you check with System Profiler did it show your card? I've managed to get my card working using Chameleon RC4 and in the menu i choose enable graphic. and choose the proper reso for your monitor. And i installed kexts for 4xxgts and also CUDA from kexts.com.

thanks for the reply.

it shows under the "Video Card" display two lines that say "display" with the type being GPU and the Bus being PCIe.

Under "Display" section:

it shows NVIDIA, but says under kernel extensions that no kext loaded. When I open up front row, all is black.

which card do you have?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I am have the same issue with getting a clean install using a GTS 450 card. About to try you method of starting from iATKOS S3 then using TonyMac XXX4 update.

Wondering if you got over your problem and if you have what was the fix ?

Regards