Driver Help for Snow Leopard

snowboarder8985

12 posts in this topic

I have a samsung QX410 laptop with snow leopard installed. I need a few drivers to get it working perfectly

Does anyone have these or know where I can get them

Video:

NVIDIA ForceWare 258.96 WHQL (Hybrid Intel and Nvidia 310 graphics)

Internet: (Not sure which one so I will try both)

Broadcom Wireless LAN Ver 5.60.350.9

Atheros Wireless LAN Ver 8.0.0.279

HDMI:

HDMI 1.0.0.63

Here is where I got the list of drivers from (for windows 7)

http://www.downloadatoz.com/driver/article...s-7-64-bit.html

You don't need the post moved. You need to supply the information on chipsets

That link does not show the chipset of the wired & wireless networks.

Run this System_Info.zip and post the output

And for Nvidia GeForce 310M - should work with GraphicsEnabler key in com.apple.Boot.plist and Chameleon boot loader. Just search the forum for that.

What method did you use to get OSX installed? I've tried an "old" iAtkos 10.6.3 s3 v2 and it will not install, also tried latest version of [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and same thing, then get to a certain point and then tell me to hold down the power button to turn the computer off and reboot. I used a 10.6.3 DVD with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

I'd be happy to provide the complete system info if someone would be kind enough to point me to the windows application to grab this info.

Thanks, for some reason I couldn't find that the last several times I searched for it. Here is what it gives, the items with an * are the items with the unhappy face. Everything else either had a green check mark or happy face.

* 8086	Intel Corporation	3b64	5 Series/3400 Series Chipset HECI Controller	Communication controller	Communication controller
 8086	Intel Corporation	3b56	5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio	Multimedia controller	Audio device
 8086	Intel Corporation	3b48	5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 4	Bridge	PCI bridge
 8086	Intel Corporation	3b42	5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 1	Bridge	PCI bridge
 8086	Intel Corporation	3b3c	5 Series/3400 Series Chipset USB2 Enhanced Host Controller	Serial bus controller	USB Controller
 8086	Intel Corporation	3b34	5 Series/3400 Series Chipset USB2 Enhanced Host Controller	Serial bus controller	USB Controller
 * 8086	Intel Corporation	3b32	5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Thermal Subsystem	Signal processing controller	Signal processing controller
 8086	Intel Corporation	3b30	5 Series/3400 Series Chipset SMBus Controller	Serial bus controller	SMBus
 8086	Intel Corporation	3b29	5 Series/3400 Series Chipset 4 port SATA AHCI Controller	Mass storage controller	SATA controller
 8086	Intel Corporation	3b09	Mobile 5 Series Chipset LPC Interface Controller	Bridge	ISA bridge
 8086	Intel Corporation	2d13	Core Processor Reserved	Bridge	Host bridge
 8086	Intel Corporation	2d12	Core Processor Reserved	Bridge	Host bridge
 8086	Intel Corporation	2d11	Core Processor QPI Physical 0	Bridge	Host bridge
 8086	Intel Corporation	2d10	Core Processor QPI Link 0	Bridge	Host bridge
 8086	Intel Corporation	2d01	Core Processor QuickPath Architecture System Address Decoder	Bridge	Host bridge
 8086	Intel Corporation	2c62	Core Processor QuickPath Architecture Generic Non-core Registers	Bridge	Host bridge
 8086	Intel Corporation	2448	82801 Mobile PCI Bridge	Bridge	PCI bridge
 * 8086	Intel Corporation	0087	Centrino Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250	Network controller	Network controller
 8086	Intel Corporation	0046	Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller	Display controller	VGA compatible controller
 8086	Intel Corporation	0045	Core Processor PCI Express x16 Root Port	Bridge	PCI bridge
 8086	Intel Corporation	0044	Core Processor DRAM Controller	Bridge	Host bridge
 * 11ab	Marvell Technology Group Ltd.	4381	88E8059 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller	Network controller	Ethernet controller
 10de	nVidia Corporation	0a70	GT218 [GeForce 310M]	Display controller	3D controller

post-255511-1291265636_thumb.jpg

Thanks, for some reason I couldn't find that the last several times I searched for it. Here is what it gives, the items with an * are the items with the unhappy face. Everything else either had a green check mark or happy face.

Is this for a samsung QX410 laptop, which this thread about or for a system that you have a topic about elsewhere?

Is this for a samsung QX410 laptop, which this thread about or for a system that you have a topic about elsewhere?

It is for a Samsung QX410, the only thread that came up in a search. Didn't feel it needed a separate thread but I'll certainly make one if you think it is best. What I needed was similar enough to make me just post in this thread and certainly does provide the information required about the hardware. These were $150 off last week in the USA so there may be other people interested in getting this laptop working.

It is for a Samsung QX410, the only thread that came up in a search. Didn't feel it needed a separate thread but I'll certainly make one if you think it is best. What I needed was similar enough to make me just post in this thread and certainly does provide the information required about the hardware. These were $150 off last week in the USA so there may be other people interested in getting this laptop working.

No need for a new thread. Just checking was same hardware.

Looks like the problem is going to be the Marvell Yukon 88E8059 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, can't find anyone with it working.

Personally I can live without the wired ethernet, I'll try turning it off and seeing what happens later tonight. My problem is that I can't even get the "live" os on the disk to load which is why I asked the original poster how he got it installed. The Bios on this machine gives us almost no choices for any of the normal stuff.

I also read a couple of posts that suggest the retail disk might be bad, so I'll check another one tonight.

• 4 weeks later...
Still no luck and no clues to go on.

I have Samsung Q430-JU01US, which looks to be the same spec as the QX410. I got it to run 10.6.5 with vanilla kernel. Mostly everything works, except the following

Hybrid Intel Core i HD graphics and nVidia 310m

Marvell Gigabit Ethernet

Sleep

The mac is only running on VESA display which is unattractive to say the least. But this is a well known issue, and people can't even get linux run on this thing with full graphics. I believe Sleep doesn't work because of the graphics issue. Ethernet port is not a biggie to me. One other thing is Flash doesn't work properly, again I suspect graphics being the culprit.

It's a pitty that such a solid machine can't do full graphics.