iatkos s3 v2 freezes before installation

trinfinate

11 posts in this topic

hello every one, i have intel quad core 2.6ghz, xfx 630i mobo( everest diagnostic software identifies it as an msi mobo), 4gb mem, intel ssd hd, and a visiontek ati radeon 3870 hd x2 gfx card.....every time i pop in the the iatkos s3 v2 dvd it tell me to press any key to start installation or press f8 to choose to boot from other drives or partitions like windows or the windows 7 reserve partition. i press any key to continue installation and the chameleon bootloader loads the dvd..the apple grey screen appears with the rotating wheel...then like 2 minutes later a circle with a dash in the middle appears on top of the apple,while the ratating wheel keeps spinning on the botom of the apple.....does these mean i cant install mac on my hardware?.. thank you for ur time...

um....im actually kind of scared to say this but...im an extreme case of newbie...lol....i searched around on how to do -v,or what -v is but i couldnt find anything...i just found people saying they did -v or -x...how would i do -v or -x?....i put the dvd in and press anykey to continue..then it goes to the apple grey screen witht the loading rotating circle and it stays there.....it never reaches the gui...what is -v ,how would i do this..?

um....im actually kind of scared to say this but...im an extreme case of newbie...lol....i searched around on how to do -v,or what -v is but i couldnt find anything...i just found people saying they did -v or -x...how would i do -v or -x?....i put the dvd in and press anykey to continue..then it goes to the apple grey screen witht the loading rotating circle and it stays there.....it never reaches the gui...what is -v ,how would i do this..?

When it says press any key to continue you type -v.

hello every one, i have intel quad core 2.6ghz, xfx 630i mobo( everest diagnostic software identifies it as an msi mobo), 4gb mem, intel ssd hd, and a visiontek ati radeon 3870 hd x2 gfx card.....every time i pop in the the iatkos s3 v2 dvd it tell me to press any key to start installation or press f8 to choose to boot from other drives or partitions like windows or the windows 7 reserve partition. i press any key to continue installation and the chameleon bootloader loads the dvd..the apple grey screen appears with the rotating wheel...then like 2 minutes later a circle with a dash in the middle appears on top of the apple,while the ratating wheel keeps spinning on the botom of the apple.....does these mean i cant install mac on my hardware?.. thank you for ur time...

what kind of dvd drive are you using? Also I just installed the same on a 680i had to remove 2 gb of ram. or When chameleon loader hit f8 and type -v -f maxmem=2048

ok my dvd drive is an hp dvd 1260i dvd writer, ..i push f8 then the partition selection come in..i type -v and i get a black screen with a bunch of letter..at the end it tells me still waiting for root device

post-697827-1291741891_thumb.jpg

bottom

post-697827-1291741949_thumb.jpg

its the same screen just top and botton,...then i restart and type in -x...it goes to the apple grey screen and just stays there..

then i type -v -x...at the end it tells me the same thing still waiting for root device..

post-697827-1291742133_thumb.jpg

then i type -v -f maxmem=2048..this is wut it gives ....

post-697827-1291742239_thumb.jpg

im so happy u guys responded back thank u so much thank u fro ur time..seriously...than u...lol..