x1400 with External Monitor?

BryanP

3 posts in this topic

I have an old Dell E1505 laptop with a new install of 10.6.4, and I was able to get the x1400 working by using ATIRadeonX1000.kext and RadeonHD.kext modified with my laptop EDID and they worked well enough to get max res (1680x1050) with QE/CI.

However, I am trying to get the system running with an external display for an extended desktop. Currently, if I startup the OS with an external monitor plugged into the VGA out, I get a blurred image on my laptop screen and a normal looking screen on the external monitor (see attached picture - you can see that the laptop display replicates the external, but stretched and wildly distorted). If I startup without the monitor attached and plug it in after the system boots, I am unable to detect the attached display.

Any ideas as to how to get this working with an external display? I'm not anywhere near knowledgeable about this stuff to try any coding. I basically need someone to tell me what to modify or another kext to install. I do have the EDID for my external monitor, though I'm not sure where that would come into play. I'm willing to try any suggestions and really appreciate any help that can be provided!

post-22198-1290796884_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...