The Journey Of a N00b Installing Mac OSX

akiNikki

45 posts in this topic

i haven't. i will download it now.

about hazard, i'm stuck even anything came out. When it show the darwin bootloader it ask to choose the iso or type the flag. i've tried the same with iatkos, not dice. the thing is it didn't show the any error or kernel panic. only 5 lines saying loading file system from 4230480. and then it will restart. every-single-time. i've tried cpus, busratio, -f, -x, none working.

:P i didn't even pass the boot up man. When it say press f8, i pressed and type -v busratio=16 and enter. it started to load, and it halt with waiting for the root device. and repeating over and over again. I can't install anything yet.

But i can load up my leopard 10.5.8 swiftly without any problem using the same startup command.

After installing, trying to boot up, type in the regular start up instruction, but the boot not succesful, ending up with this string, FakeSMC key not found msds length -6. Darn. I read bout it but the solution is to edit the plist, but i can't even boot in, so that's not working. Now installing again.

incredibly, I'm replying this in my new Hackintosh, thanks to iAtkos s3 v2! Right now i'm in the safe mod so probably will try to reboot with normal booting. I can't boot normaly, i need to boot using Nawcom boatloader, anyone care to help?

I keep getting FakeSMC can't find key problem.

After various installation, and after I unplugged my WIN7 HD, I manage to boot into normal mode, but still need to start it up using Nawcom Mod CD v0.3 with startup instruction -v busratio=17 cpus=2 -F. Without the disc it will rebooting after loading, and usually stuck at analyzing my other HD.

How can i boot without the mod CD?

I thought everything is almost perfect. but i'm fail. Had my first KP today, and it happen as soon as i inserting a USB to my pc. I already updated it before using the 10.6.4 usb fix but something must be wrong. i will update again the legacy_kernel as Nawcom has included the USB fix together. If not, i will try use the Chameleon Menu USBFix there.

Still with the problem. Now when everything work flawlessly, I had a new biggest problem. I had an immediate Kernel panic whenever I inserted a USB storage/drive. I've used the USBFIX_10.6.4 by nawcom, it let me use usb mouse/keyboard, but any USB drive/storage will instantly KP. Help needed!!!

My Asus M3A based system running iAtkos v7 used to have KP whenever I plugged in a Belkin hub. The hub wasn't at fault as it worked perfectly on my Pro, G5 and Powerbook and so there was clearly something going on with the Asus USB setup under 10.5.7. My Mac aluminium USB keyboard was also not recognised by OS X whenever I plugged my WD Elements external HD in unless I set the transfer rate in bios to full speed rather than hi speed which was obviously not ideal, and the WD drive couldnt be used for Time Machine either which shouldn't be the case. I found that by changing the plug and play OS setting in bios things would work kind of properly so that may be worth a try, but to be honest I found the Asus USB so flakey under OS X that I ended up disabling the onboard controller in bios and used a Belkin Digiconnect USB 2.0 PCI card. These are available new very cheaply on ebay, I use them on my real Macs as they are based on the NEC controller chipset (vital for avoiding sleep issues on Macs) and I haven't had any problems other than 10.6.5 breaking USB when I upgraded to Snow Leopard (and 10.6.5 breaks the USB on some real Macs so no surprises there). Certainly worth thinking about one of these very inexpensive cards if all else fails.