The Journey Of a N00b Installing Mac OSX

akiNikki

45 posts in this topic

Hello everyone on insanelymac. I'm new here, and i'm joining the forum to ask a lot of question. hope u guys don't mind if this question keep repeating along the way but since not everyone have the same hardware i think i should rather than floating inside my own boat.

My rig is AMD Phenom 2 X2 555BE - unlocked to quad core

2Gb ram

asus m4a77TD mobo

asus nvidia 450gts.

I've tried the Kelway and hazard iso but not dice. What i mean by try is really the simnple way for me that never know hackintosh before, is burn the iso and boot it up. it booted up to darwin and i type -v and all sort of combination from cpus=1 or 4 -f,-x and other stuff, it will show few string loading the kext. the last one is loading the file system from 422d69. and it will rebooting and continue the same. even with -x it will show extra line of string until it rebooting again.

I really need help. if anyone would be kind enough, i appreciated it. ;)

UPDATE: I've Installed iAtkos v7 and working decently without sound and graphic card support. Also the LAN is not working. Looking a way to fix that.

UPDATE 2: I'm currently in progress installing iAtkos s3 v2. Having hard time to boot the installation, with the "waiting for root device" problem, i found out that using Nawcom Loader help me with the problem.

Ok just finish intallation! Booting up!

Update 3: Finish installing but problem booting. Right now the only way to boot is still using Nawcom .3 CD. Updating to 10.6.5 later and going to try other loader, probably AnVAL 5.0.5 or the latest Chameleon.

Update 4: Finally after many sleepless night, I've managed to installed it properly! Updated to 10.6.5 and using the latest legacy kernel, with Chameleon v2 RC4 that's included in the iAtkos S3 v2 DVD, along with the CUDA driver and also kexts that support nVidia 4xx series card. The card is now detected and after i apply Graphic Enabler and rebooted, dang! my resolution got fix! Now i can display with 1440x900 and other resolution is also available. :D

Gonna get myself Photoshop CS5 on Mac asap to start my work. :D

If you wanna know what setting I've used, I've just load up using Nawcom 0.3 CD, and apply whatever setting it is, but make sure to use Chameleon RC4 not RC5 as it give me problem booting up without Nawcom Dvd, with RC4, it loaded up flawlessly. So far so good. I'm at the office now, hoping that i'm not seeing KP later when I'm back home. :P

Thanks to nawcom especially,with his Nawcom CD,help me with lotsa things, AnV,the chameleon creator,to iAtkos team, and everyone in insanelymac! I love u all! keep the Hackintosh spirit alive forever! :D

Update 5: Now when everything work flawlessly, I had a new biggest problem. I had an immediate Kernel panic whenever I inserted a USB storage/drive. I've used the USBFIX_10.6.4 by nawcom, it let me use usb mouse/keyboard, but any USB drive/storage will instantly KP. Help needed!!!

Hello akiNikki

I'm using iatkos v3 s2 with no problems with my rig.

To install iatkos I used the following kernel flags:

-v cpus=1 busratio=14 arch=i386

Try to use the same but where busratio put the multiplicator of your cpu.

Thank you very much. i'm looking for it now. How bout the ISO? i heard it need to be write in the slowest speed? I've wasted 3 DVD already burning kalyway, hazard, and some other version. ;)

Thank you very much. i'm looking for it now. How bout the ISO? i heard it need to be write in the slowest speed? I've wasted 3 DVD already burning kalyway, hazard, and some other version. ;)

I've installed successfully both iAtkos v7 and iAtkos S3 V2 on two different AMD machines and I have burnt both DVDs in maximum speed (x16). Speed you can write a DVD depends on the drive and the media.

Just to be sure everything goes ok you can burn at slowest speed.

I've also tryed hazard but it didn't work so good for me. You can try again installing with the distros you have using the kernel flags from the previous posts.

may i know what's the busratio stands for? as cpus i think representing the cpu's core what that busratio is? i see some stated =20 and above 14, it seems random to me thou. i'm still downloading aitkos now. fingers cross. will report once it is done. Ok so after i downloaded it, what should i do? straight away burn it or some other stuff? is it ok if i use imgburner?

may i know what's the busratio stands for? as cpus i think representing the cpu's core what that busratio is? i see some stated =20 and above 14, it seems random to me thou.

busratio is the multiplicator of your cpu. In your case it should be 16.

i'm still downloading aitkos now. fingers cross. will report once it is done. Ok so after i downloaded it, what should i do? straight away burn it or some other stuff? is it ok if i use imgburner?

Yes, just burn with your favorite tool, it doesn't matter which that is.

Thank you so much for the people that help me. After wasting 5 dvd, I've installed macosx using iatkos v7. first few try given me error but a different from Hazard version. it say something to do with voodo kernel which i don't even know anything. and i try using -v -x busratio=14 and cpus=1, and i'm installing it now!! I'm freakingly happy just to do that. right now, i wanna noe what shud i do next friends?

you wouldn't want that because when i boot with -v it shows it loading it file system and everything i so fast and after awhile it showing black screen ;)

if i didn't type -v it just stuck at the grey apple.

i already long time disable c1E, and about the installation i just use default installation without customize anything in the file system etc.