nForce Lan disconnecting randomly

eldest

3 posts in this topic

Hey I'm new I tryed searching the forum but didnt help. I'm having a problem with my nForce Lan Controller on my Leopard osx86 installation, it disconnects randomly and everytime i boot up i go to network options and it creates a new ethernet icon! Please help!!

Hey I'm new I tryed searching the forum but didnt help. I'm having a problem with my nForce Lan Controller on my Leopard osx86 installation, it disconnects randomly and everytime i boot up i go to network options and it creates a new ethernet icon! Please help!!

obviously you havent looked all over, because the nforce lan controller is an EASY fix. nForceLAN_0.62.12. google that. took me all of but a minute.

though i have noticed these nVidia chipsets in OS-X are quite flaky. the IDE is fine, in fact, works as well as an intel IDE chipset. the sata doesnt seem to like DVD-RW much.

as for LAN, i never had a problem (because i connect through a netgear WG111v3 USB adapter thats natively supported ). let me know how that kext goes, as even though i am using snow leopard, nForceLAN is still nForceLAN, and i plan on ditching the wifi here soon. good luck.

If present, remove forcedeth.kext and nForceEthernetController.kext, and remove nvenet.kext, or rename it to nvenet.kext.bad......this is because nvenet loads even when another Ethernet/LAN kext has already been loaded for the hardware. In 10.5.7 and later (including 10.6.x), look in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns.......this is a new location for nvenet.kext; prior to 10.5.7, this kext was not in IONetworkingFamily.kext.......

In Terminal, type

cd /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns 
ls
sudo mv nvenet.kext nvenet.kext.bad
ls

"ls will list the files in PlugIns"

Then in Terminal and type

cd /System/Library/Extensions/
ls

Confirm that the nForceLAN.0.64.6.kext is present in /System/Library/Extensions/

If it is, then type

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

and then reboot with -v -f