Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Hey first time builder need some info on pro tools le 8

2 posts in this topic

I am building my first hackintosh and here are the specs i have decided on

core 2 quad q8400 2.66ghz(will upgrade to a faster core 2 quad later)

mushkin enhanced silverline 2gb(2 x 1gb)

geforce 8400gs (for daul screens)

i know snow leopard only takes up 1gb of ram

i was wondering if the next time somebody starts they're mac or hackintosh they could only start up pro tools and put up a screenshot of the memory usage so i can see how much ram i need im just talking about the pro tools software no plugins or any of that

That's Pro Tools 9 running on Snow Leopard.

I have a MacBook Pro Core Duo model, 2.16Ghz, 2GB of RAM, a 500GB hard drive and it's the 15" model.

That's Activity Monitor showing my usage, mind you, I have other apps running in the background. Obviously, my Mac isn't exactly powerful, but PT9 runs fine. PT8 LE should give you no problems at all.

I would suggest opting for a Core 2 Quad 9xxx series if you can find/afford one, so you don't have to upgrade again later, it's worth every penny.

2GB of RAM will work, 3+ is better. Below 2GB is cutting too close to having problems even on a Mac.