need help enabling DVI output Geforce GT240 SL 10.6.5

DrunkMechanicnHacker

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm Nick. I have kinda been lurking around here since around June. I have learned MUCH stuff from this site. I posted a thread back then, about a Dell 8200, but it was so newbish i guess it was ignored. (i figured the problem out quite easily, now the dell is being used by my brother as a pro tools rig, where it keeps up and actually runs circles around, his minimac. 

anyways, my rig is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.8GHz. I installed Snow Leopard from retail 10.6.3, purchased at the Apple Store. OS-X lives on a 500GB SATA drive, and Windows 7 64bit lives on a 750GB SATA drive. 

my problem is i cannot enable the DVI port on my Geforce GT240 1GB DDR5 video card. I only have VGA output. I have not tried the HDMI, as I do not have any hdmi TVs, except in the garage, and i dont feel like taking the computer out there. 

and as we know, VGA SUCKS. So i would like to enable DVI. 

I have tried everything i know, from EFIStudio, to tonymac nVidia drivers. nothing. with a string, it will boot up on VGA with black and white objects, not usable. 

I also noticed in World of Warcraft, at low settings im getting about 20fps. 

in windows 7 i get around 60 at high settings and max resolution. (Vsync on). 

so im thinking theres an EFI string somewhere with my old Geforce7900GS tied to it thats screwing with my GT240. im thinking a format and fresh install would be the best option. what say you guys? 

i have looked at making NVCAP with nVidia Roms, but i have NO IDEA where to get em, and of course, nVidia are not helpful. thanks guys. 

okay so i found the rom file... made a NVCAP and made a custom string from osx86 tools, and inserted the string using chameleon GUI. it boots up with native resolution (1680x1050) but no QE/CI. the string is recognized in system profiler.

am i facing a clean install?

been trying injectors all day.... NONE WORK.

okay so i found the rom file... made a NVCAP and made a custom string from osx86 tools, and inserted the string using chameleon GUI. it boots up with native resolution (1680x1050) but no QE/CI. the string is recognized in system profiler.

am i facing a clean install?

been trying injectors all day.... NONE WORK.

okay, somehow i got it, but i dont get it. and i know it will only work until i reboot.

i hotplugged the DVI cable into the DVI port with VGA cable still plugged in. screen went blue for a second, then came back up in digital. disconnected the VGA, and its working. BIG, NOTICABLE difference. so it looks like hotplugging is the only solution for now...