Please suggest me distro for my Specs!

cayenne

10 posts in this topic

I' ve tried to install iAtkos s3v2 many times but no success...even i tried to install with default settings but no success.please suggest me any other distro to my specification given below.i'm totally new to OSX86 world...hoping for a quick reply!!!

Packard Bell EasyNote TR86 NoteBook

Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz(MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, EM64T)

Chipset-Northbridge-Intel GM45/GM47 rev. 07,Southbridge-Intel 82801IM (ICH9-M) rev. 03

Memory Type-DDR3 3.0GB

Serial ATA Controller

DMI BIOS-Phoenix Technologies LTD V1.09

Display - Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family,1308 MB(0x2A42)

Windows7 Ultimate

I' ve tried to install iAtkos s3v2 many times but no success...even i tried to install with default settings but no success.please suggest me any other distro to my specification given below.i'm totally new to OSX86 world...hoping for a quick reply!!!

No such thing. There isn't a distro for every hardware configuration. The point is whether your hardware is compatible, and/or making the right choices.

Regarding Snow Leopard, there are only 2 distros: the one you tried and Snow Leopard by Hazard.

And then of course there is the retail install.

He's right, what was wrong with iAtkos...?

So What i'm doing wrong while installation?....I'm dual booting on Windows 7.First time i've installed it was okey, running fine for two or three times...I didn’t had native resolution 1366*768 so i tried to install GMAX4500.kext from kexts.com after that i always got messege like "Please Hold on to Power Off button and restart" some thing like this...after this i've reinstalled may be around 20 times always i'm getting panic error.Last time i've got panic error regarding USB...(i'm at work,i dont remeber wht error was...)...i did selected sleepenabler and GMAX3100 option while installation....Please help me...!!!

Packard Bell EasyNote TR86 NoteBook

Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz(MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, EM64T)

Chipset-Northbridge-Intel GM45/GM47 rev. 07,Southbridge-Intel 82801IM (ICH9-M) rev. 03

Memory Type-DDR3 3.0GB

Serial ATA Controller

DMI BIOS-Phoenix Technologies LTD V1.09

Display - Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family,1308 MB(0x2A42)

Windows7 Ultimate

core 2 duo intel? thats practically a vanilla mac right there! why not buy a copy of snow leopard and install it using a boot cd? (i reccomend Nawcom, booted up a core2quad asus laptop and installed perfectly) retail installations are always better anyway. even on my AMD, i had hazard installed, and it KPd daily. i suggest you try doing a retail install.

oh. best thing about nawcom? it will detect everything for you. good luck.

core 2 duo intel? thats practically a vanilla mac right there! why not buy a copy of snow leopard and install it using a boot cd? (i reccomend Nawcom, booted up a core2quad asus laptop and installed perfectly) retail installations are always better anyway. even on my AMD, i had hazard installed, and it KPd daily. i suggest you try doing a retail install.

Thanks very much DrunkMechanicnHacker for your reply.

Sorry for asking this, What is vanilla mac ? Will this retail snow leopard work on my notebook? Any installation guide available for this retail snow leopard installation? For me apple store is not accesible coz its too far,and i dont have any friends from whom i can borrow it. I've never tried snowleopard from Hazard,i'll give it a try.

Edited by Alessandro17
Do not ask for links to warez or pirated pieces of software

Hi freinds, Yesterday again i tried to install iAtkos S3 V2 on my System and it got installed with basic options like,

Boot Loader-> PCEFI 10.6 by netkas

Default Options

32 bit boot

Graphics enabler

Disabler

extra/

Evo Reboot

and i selected voodoo and apple option regarding mouse/PS2 option

I did selected sound voodooHDA and and not selected appleHDA...but i got kernel panic about voodooHDA,i also got error about PCI device not found....ealier but sound was working...My touch sensor also showing volume control on the screen where i can increase and decrease by touch sensor button.

I have Windows7 as my another OS,And i boot both Windows and Mac with Easy BCD,When i Select Mac OS, the Chameleon screen appears and stucks at grey apple logo screen....

But i can boot Mac only through iAtkos DVD inside the Drive if boot sequence set to DVD First...

I've Installed Broadcom Kexts for Wired Network from kexts.com and it works perfectely.

What should i do to get mac to boot and also how can i solve problem of voodooHDA panic error?

please help me....!

Hi there DrunkMechnicnHacker,

I tried iAtkos many times , Got kernel panics...like AppleHDA,AppleUSBEHCI and many...tried to solve installing kext and by following guides but no success...Black screen saying to restart by pressing powerOff button or Kernel Panics

Now As you suggested, i want install retail snow leopard on my hard drive where i have Windows 7 as current OS ,How can i do this?...I searched in the forum but all installation starts from Snow leopard installation first and then other operating systems installation on the disk.I Want Install Snow Leopard to my other partion which i created for this purpose.Please help on this...

And i also i have a .DMG file which i've downloaded,how can i burn this to the disk?