New nVidia Card

2 posts in this topic

Hiya there!

After some weeks of frustration with my 7900 GTO i am going to buy a new card. I read too much about graphics cards here in forum so i don´t really know any more which model to buy ;);)

I am going to use it in Win 7 too for gaming a little bit (3D shooters like CoD, Unreal, etc.)

But what´s more important is that i would like to run OS X SL with iPhoto and Aperture. And that hopefully out of the box (iAtkos? graphics enabler). Max. budget is around 150€ / 200$

Do the GTX 460 work already with fermi?

Cards i am looking atm:

Could you pls be so kind and give some hints to me which models would like to work best? As the GTX 460 is newer (and hopefully better) it is my favourite.

What do you think about it? Would you buy other models in that price range?

Thanks very much in advance for your responses

Cyber

Hiya there!

After some weeks of frustration with my 7900 GTO i am going to buy a new card. I read too much about graphics cards here in forum so i don´t really know any more which model to buy :P;)

I am going to use it in Win 7 too for gaming a little bit (3D shooters like CoD, Unreal, etc.)

But what´s more important is that i would like to run OS X SL with iPhoto and Aperture. And that hopefully out of the box (iAtkos? graphics enabler). Max. budget is around 150€ / 200$

Do the GTX 460 work already with fermi?

Cards i am looking atm:

Could you pls be so kind and give some hints to me which models would like to work best? As the GTX 460 is newer (and hopefully better) it is my favourite.

What do you think about it? Would you buy other models in that price range?

Thanks very much in advance for your responses

Cyber

The 460 is now supported with the new quaddro(sp?) drivers. A big plus IMO. I recently put a 470 into a hackintosh, plays great with the new drivers.