Snow Leopard retail installtion

Exebat

11 posts in this topic

Hello

I hava a modifed 123-boot cd that i have installed with before but sense i have cought a new graphic card. before i used nvidia 9400 gt 1gb now i use ATI Readon hd 4870 512mb, i cant get snow leopard to boot up installation anymore.

error message is:

nvram: Error getting variable - 'boot-args': (iokit/common) data was not found

then it haltd after getting mac address for my ethernet.

i have not made the dsdt.aml that i used my self.. but got it form another here in this forum that used the same specs i have.

Is there anyone that can help me.

Try adding framebufferdisabler.kext to your boot CD.

There are various versions of it out there, try different ones.

You should avoid using somebody elses DSDT.

Even if your specs are identical, some DSDT code will be different depending on BIOS settings, BIOS version and amount of RAM.

i have only window s7 to work with and ubuntu..

so i just add that kext to the cd and burn it agian that all?

thx for the reply

i have tried making my own but failed. i have 7 warnings and i dont know how to fix them.. can you help me with that?

:rolleyes:

kind regards

Maybe you can use something like UltraISO to edit the CD... I don't know how to work with OS X Boot CDs on Windows, I'm sure there are guides out there somewhere.

btw framebufferdisabler.kext is in the "MyHack" installer package.

Zip your DSDT and attach it here, I can't promise anything but I'll take a look at it.

I think it's missing something, what did you use to extract that?

If you're on Windows, use the ACPI tool in Everest Corporate/Ultimate Edition to extract your ACPI tables.

Like this (see screenshots): http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1468558

Anyway your warnings/errors/remarks is all standard ASUS DSDT stuff that is well documented and easy to fix.

Try again when you have the DSDT extracted with Everest.

I'll leave you to do the work:

Replace all the mentioned 0x03E8 and 0x0FFF with 0xFFFF (find them by line number)

Replace all _T_0 and _T_1 with T_0 and T_1.

To learn how to fix error 4122, "Invalid combination of Length and Min/Max fixed flags", go here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1461497

If you're curious about what else you can do with your DSDT, read Beerkex'ds posts (the one with the screenshots) and follow the links given there.

Any questions, just ask.

doesnt have any error .. ACPI Patcher is the app i use.. it report no error no warnign just 69 optimzations and still doesnt compile

Intel ACPI Component Architecture

ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20081204 [Dec 4 2008]

Copyright © 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation

Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

ASL Input: dsdt.dsl - 6675 lines, 240107 bytes, 3257 keywords

AML Output: acpi_dsdt.aml - 25765 bytes, 874 named objects, 2383 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 69 Optimizations