HP DV7-4083cl - Help

ZackMacAttack

5 posts in this topic

Ok guys, I just got my new HP dv7. And unlike my old 3183cl, this thing is a pain in the butt to get OSX on.

So using the retail disc i can get 10.6.0 working fine (using koopz 10.1.0 kernel)

No DSDT Patching (Might be the problem)

But when I combo update to 10.6.4 using Koopz 10.4.0 Kernel, I cannot reboot. In 32 or 64 bit.

I have booted with "busratio=17" as that is my bus ratio, I think.

I had my dv7-3183cl working perfectly and even have written a guide for it (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=218768)

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated :angel:

• 2 weeks later...
Ok guys, I just got my new HP dv7. And unlike my old 3183cl, this thing is a pain in the butt to get OSX on.

So using the retail disc i can get 10.6.0 working fine (using koopz 10.1.0 kernel)

No DSDT Patching (Might be the problem)

But when I combo update to 10.6.4 using Koopz 10.4.0 Kernel, I cannot reboot. In 32 or 64 bit.

I have booted with "busratio=17" as that is my bus ratio, I think.

I had my dv7-3183cl working perfectly and even have written a guide for it (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=218768)

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Saw on your other posting that you were planning on doing a guide for this one. Any word yet? I may be getting one of these. Is 10.6.2 working perfectly? I'm looking for a big Dell Mini 10v!!!! That was a dream to dual boot and set up! I'm currently on 10.6.5 on it.

Thanks

Saw on your other posting that you were planning on doing a guide for this one. Any word yet? I may be getting one of these. Is 10.6.2 working perfectly? I'm looking for a big Dell Mini 10v!!!! That was a dream to dual boot and set up! I'm currently on 10.6.5 on it.

Thanks

OK so seeing as how I can return to Costco within 90 days if I'm not happy I pulled the trigger. Now I just need to know what you did to get it running on 10.6.2. I'll be happy once I get it running well on that, to help try to get further updates sorted out. I should have it in my hot little hands in 4 or 5 days. Come on UPS!!!! What can BROWN do for me???? DRIVE FASTER!!! :)