P6T SE Graphics Card

hcetech

6 posts in this topic

Dear all,

Not long ago I made a post about building an ASUS P6T SE-based Hackintosh. The specs are as follows:

PSU: CiT 650W PSU

Disc Drive: Sony DRU-870S DVD-RW Drive

HD: WD Caviar 1TB HD

GPU: Axle nVidia GeForce 9500GT

RAM: Corsair 6GB DDR3 RAM

CPU: Intel i7-930 2.8GHz Quad

Motherboard: Asus P6T SE

I have been told by a few different people that the graphics card (the 9500GT) may hold my build back a bit.

Since this is my Christmas present (to me :( ), has anyone got a suggestion for a better graphics card that will still work with this configuration?

Thank you for all your responses.

hcetech

The 9500 GT is an excellent Hackintosh video card considering the price.

However since you will be driving two 24" monitors you will need something beefier.

If you have $200 to spare don't hesitate to buy a Geforce 460 GTX, it's this is the best bang for the buck nvidia card right now.

It works in 10.6.5 with the latest nvidia drivers and Chameleon GraphicsEnabler.

The 9500 GT is an excellent Hackintosh video card considering the price.

However since you will be driving two 24" monitors you will need something beefier.

If you have $200 to spare don't hesitate to buy a Geforce 460 GTX, it's this is the best bang for the buck nvidia card right now.

It works in 10.6.5 with the latest nvidia drivers.

Thank you for your quick reply. Will swap the 9500GT for a Palit SONIC GTX 460, as it seems to have some good reviews.

Thanks again,

hcetech

Warning, disclaimer!

I can obviously not guarantee that you will be able to get your GTX 460 to work.

You should look in the fermi thread and the other threads about the latest nvidia drivers and maybe ask what brand and model GTX 460 people are using, a few people have not been able to get theirs to work.

However, it could be because they don't know how or because they are doing something wrong, it's too early to say yet.

Anyway most people are reporting it as working.

Warning, disclaimer!

I can obviously not guarantee that you will be able to get your GTX 460 to work.

You should look in the fermi thread and the other threads about the latest nvidia drivers and maybe ask what brand and model GTX 460 people are using, a few people have not been able to get theirs to work.

However, it could be because they don't know how or because they are doing something wrong, it's too early to say yet.

Anyway most people are reporting it as working.

OK, thanks. It's kinda expensive so thanks for the heads up!

Will the 9500GT be OK for two monitors or will it struggle?

Thanks,

hcetech