Help me to install please.

DaniPoo

6 posts in this topic

<H1 id="firstHeading" class="firstHeading">Help!</H1>I have a PC that I think is compatible with OSX

Speccs:

CPU: intel core i5 750

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA H57M-USB3

GPU: Palit Nvidia Geforce GTX460 (I did see somewhere on this forum that its supported now! And I have an older card that I could use for the first parts of the installation if that is required)

Memory: 3x2GB ddr3 1333mhz

HDD: 1,5tb SATA Seagate barracuda

Please help me with this. I would be very happy if someone could guide me step by step. And oh! I wanna install OSX from a DVD if that is possible. Cause I dont have any other mac to render a boot USB with or anything like that. And yeah. My computer only has a wireless connection but I could connect it with a ethernet cable if I need to.

Thank you //DaniPoo

First things first. You need to choose a distro for your system. I have only had luck with Kalyway (the easiest but older) and iAtkos v7. No luck with iPC and never tried Leo4all. I would try iAktos v7 because it has A LOT of options and it works on intel and AMD. You can get it from a certain bay for pirates among other places. So pick your distro, use power iso if you are on windows to burn the image. Boot with dvd and install. There are MANY step by step guides online to walk you thru the install. I must have installed 10 times before I got it right. So don't worry if {censored}e goes wrong a few times. Good luck! Most important...have fun and learn a thing a two. :)

uhmm, it's a boot cd... it supports basic kext, just enough to boot ur PC for retail osx dvd. after you install your OS, then you activate your video separately, ie... installing kext for your hardware.

Yeah.. But doesnt the boot cd needs to load some drivers for launch? I am aware that there is a [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] cd for gtx 4xx ( [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] fermi) but I dont think its compatible with the 460 card. I heard its only compatible with the 470/480 cards. Thats why im thinking of swaping with my old 9600gt for the install and then swap back to my new 460 once the drivers are installed.

I dunno if that is possible.. And it could take some time to do. I need everything lined up and planed for friday. I have a day of from work that day... Better research everything now.

Please keep sending your replies. it could really help me and I need all the help that I can get.