Graphics suck on 10.6.5, Nvidia 770m, HP 8530w

Austin Gonyou

3 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I've been stuck on 10.6.3 due to graphics performance issues. I use NVEnabler.kext and on 10.6.3, it's really awesome, but on 10.6.4 and higher it just stinks. 10.6.5 is no better than 10.6.4 with the graphics driver fixes Apple released.

Question: What can I try to diagnose the problem?

Options:

1. recompile NVEnabler on 10.6.5?

2. try to create a DSDT.aml file for this system and use some kind of inject?

3. ????

What I have done:

1. Tried nvinject (no good for GL on my system)

2. reinstalled to 10.6.0, then updated to 10.6.5 directly (NVEnabler and NVInject, no good)

3. copied 10.6.3 kexts/libraries to 10.6.4/5 (still no good, better, but no where near 10.6.3 performance)

Can anyone else tell me if there's something I have just plainly missed? I'm not sure what else to do aside from trying to find a hacked set of stock nVidia drives or something.

Please help if you can. I'm too confused now to keep things straight on this topic.

--agony

• 2 weeks later...
Hey all,

I've been stuck on 10.6.3 due to graphics performance issues. I use NVEnabler.kext and on 10.6.3, it's really awesome, but on 10.6.4 and higher it just stinks. 10.6.5 is no better than 10.6.4 with the graphics driver fixes Apple released.

Question: What can I try to diagnose the problem?

Options:

1. recompile NVEnabler on 10.6.5?

2. try to create a DSDT.aml file for this system and use some kind of inject?

3. ????

What I have done:

1. Tried nvinject (no good for GL on my system)

2. reinstalled to 10.6.0, then updated to 10.6.5 directly (NVEnabler and NVInject, no good)

3. copied 10.6.3 kexts/libraries to 10.6.4/5 (still no good, better, but no where near 10.6.3 performance)

Can anyone else tell me if there's something I have just plainly missed? I'm not sure what else to do aside from trying to find a hacked set of stock nVidia drives or something.

Please help if you can. I'm too confused now to keep things straight on this topic.

--agony

i have the same Problem 8800 Gt 1024Mb. Grafik lags and the calibration/Gamma Settings doesnt work.

I teste on 10.6.3 and 10.6.4 working perfekt withe gfx String ( Efi String ) , Nvenabler64 and Dsdt.mod. But 10.6.5 crappy.

I Hope we become new Updates .