how to get gigabyte GA-EP43T-USB3 to work?

dransiksucks

11 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a Gigabyte EP43T-USB3 motherboard and Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 processor.

I tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and Empire EFI, the only one that worked was Empire EFI Legacy boot for Core CPU

Anyways, I get it installed, I install myhack, and reboot, and it wont boot into snow leopard without using the Empire CD.. I tried installing Chameleon RC5, still doesnt allow booting..

Also.. I downloaded the 10.6.5.dmg combo update and installed it, upon reboot, it still shows my system as 10.6 ... so weird. Is there any guide/method to getting this to work?

Ethernet works out of box, sound is a no go, and video (Im using nvidia geforce GT 240 512 MB) that wont work either.

send me your DSDT

run onterminal

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

your motherboard is very compatible

if you want I send you the necessary files

but we need a clean installation

send me your DSDT

run onterminal

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

your motherboard is very compatible

if you want I send you the necessary files

but we need a clean installation

Hi, thanks for the quick response. I was able to get it booting on its own by running the myhack installer that was on the Empire EFI Legacy core disc (the folder post installation) it now boots without disc.

It did not work with the latest version of myhack installer, only this older version found on the cd.

Anyways, i updated to 10.6.5, and it boots correctly, no panics.

Just now I have trouble with my nvidia geforce GT 240 graphics. Cannot get that to work. My ethernet works.

I am building this for my cousin who is leaving tomorrow and I thought I could have this working... I have made installs using gigabyte G31M-ES2L, that is by far the most compatible motherboard. The only reason I chose the EP43T-USB3 is that it has DDR3 and 4 slots for RAM.

yes if you can send me the files that would be super great! I have not modified the dsdt, this has strictly been a myhack install. I do not mind doing a clean install to get this working, as this is an empty machine anyways.

I tried copy and paste your code into terminal, nothing happens, I am assuming it should produce an .aml file on my desktop? I dont see anything.

OMG!!! THANK YOU!!! MY XFX Nvidia GeForce GT 240 512 MB is now working perfectly!!! 1920x1080 resolution, and Quartz extreme!!! I tried the lizard method, that only gave me a little bit better resolution, but no good graphics... I then tried the file NVEnabler 64.kext and it worked!!! I used KExt Helper b7 to install. OMG IT WORKS!!!!

I tried NVEnabler 64.kext before from another site, I guess that other one was not meant for this card? But yayyyyyy!!! THANKS ALOT MAN!!!

I just have to get my sound to work, its an ALC888 sound card

right now I am using a starTach USB sound card, it works plug and play (but I rather use my motherboard sound card)

any suggestions? I tried AppleHDA and HDAEnabler, they produced very good sound, but upon reboot... kernel panic... and I had to remove them to log in again. So for now using the USB sound card.

i am running 10.6.5

PATCH DSDT

# Rename device AZAL to HDEF and change all references to it
#
into device name_adr 0x001B0000 set_label
begin
HDEF
end;
into_all all code_regex AZAL replaceall_matched
begin
HDEF
end;
# Insert method _DSM into device with _ADR 0x001B0000
#
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001B0000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x001B0000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
Store (Package (0x08)\n
	{\n
		"codec-id", \n
		Buffer (0x04)\n
		{\n
			0x88, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10\n
		}, \n
		"layout-id", \n
		Buffer (0x04)\n
		{\n
			0x78, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00\n
		}, \n
		"device-type", \n
		Buffer (0x0F)\n
		{\n
			"Realtek ALC888"\n
		}, \n
		"PinConfigurations", \n
		Buffer (One)\n
		{\n
			0x00\n
		}\n
	}, Local0)\n
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
Return (Local0)\n
}
end

Use DSDT EDITOR and PATCHER

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223205

Legacy + AppleHda

Legacy in Extra/Extensions

AppleHda in System/Library/Extensions

ALC_888.zip

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941

The audio still does not work... hmm, maybe this ALC_888 does not work with 10.6.5 ?

are there any compatible sound cards i can purchase or usb sound cards that are 5.1 channel or greater? I have a startech usb 2 channel audio, it works perfectly with Mac OS X, but its quality is bad.

The audio still does not work... hmm, maybe this ALC_888 does not work with 10.6.5 ?

are there any compatible sound cards i can purchase or usb sound cards that are 5.1 channel or greater? I have a startech usb 2 channel audio, it works perfectly with Mac OS X, but its quality is bad.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216071

I gave up with the sound, I would get it to work good, but everytime upon reboot I get kernel panics.

I decided to just purchase a Startech 7.1 channel USB audio card. It instantly gets recognized and the sound quality seems to be awesome. (has mic in, spdif in and out)

I gave up with the sound, I would get it to work good, but everytime upon reboot I get kernel panics.

I decided to just purchase a Startech 7.1 channel USB audio card. It instantly gets recognized and the sound quality seems to be awesome. (has mic in, spdif in and out)

if you use the VoodooHda, remove AppleHda

• 5 years later...

I've got this mobo and by now works fine. Almost perfect. Now I'm stuck at a problem.

When I changed the CPU, from Q9650 to X5470. I think maybe there's a problem with the "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" file.

I managed to work this CPU on a GA-P35-DS3R like a charm, but with the GA-P43T-USB3 the problem is that the apps, like textedit or System Info don't work at all.

Appears freeeze on the screen. Just The Finder seems to work well.

I use the iATKOS L2 distro, updated to 10.7.5 through combo update dmg.

Any suggestions?