Help with installation snow leopard

Kulocka

17 posts in this topic

Ive been try this for a few days now and doing research and im completely stuck. Ive burned multiple disks to try also with just plain Leopard.

My System

Motherboard:Gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2H

CPU: AMD Phenom 2 x3 720 BE

Memory: 8 Gigs DDR3 (dont think this matters :D)

GPU: HD Radeon 5770

ive tried multiple ways to do this. I was able to install one disk from Iatkos that i injected something to help with the AMD, But the screen would always go dark, and ive switched it to my motherboard GPU as well still nothing.

the next method i tried was with http://www.taranfx.com/install-snow-leopard-on-pc-easy this got me to the loader and when i press install it reboots as its saying starting darwin. I have changed my bios aswell to AHCI and have power management at S3(STR). I have windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.10 dual boot on here and would LOVE to get mac onto this computer aswell. I only have Mac on a virtual machine so its very limited..

.ive looked at others such as this tutorial http://osx86.co/f57/amd-snow-leopard-10a432-install-t3727/ but cant because of VMware....any solutions maybe some plugin for VMware to allow me to edit these drives? maybe something to inject into the USB boot up disk from the first link?

Plz i spent countless hours trying to get this too work, help please?

ok it seems i have gotten a little further...but not exactly wut i wanted. i got iAtkos installed but its having trouble booting ...this is OS X Leopard not snow Leopard....i would love to get Snow on here but i think im gonna have to get Leopard then try to install snow from there

post-689525-1289427529_thumb.jpg

post-689525-1289427529_thumb.jpg

this happens..there both the same screen but different pictures if theres trouble reading...this happens and then stops at the bottom there....idk wut to do

plz help

post-689525-1289427583_thumb.jpg

Try to delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from /System/Library/Extensions (if you have windows on the PC with macdrive)

Just a note that macdrive *still* eats partition tables and is NOT recommended. ( I thought this was fixed in newer versions, but it happened to a friend just last week)

Just a note that macdrive *still* eats partition tables and is NOT recommended. ( I thought this was fixed in newer versions, but it happened to a friend just last week)

(I have managed thousands of files without problems.

Perhaps the problem is how the files are managed).

However, you can use Ubuntu as root.

AppleInteCPUPowerManagement.kext cannot be deleted from the terminal, il gives kernel panic also in Single user mode.

I have managed thousands of files without problems.

Perhaps the problem is how the files are managed.

This is an extremely common and well-known problem, I am surprised to see it suggested for use on this site. Transmac is generally preferred for simple usage.

This is an extremely common and well-known problem, I am surprised to see it suggested for use on this site. Transmac is generally preferred for simple usage.

Transmac gives other problems ( in some systems sees the mac drives as read only, and others).

There is not the perfect software, especially in cross-not supported-filesystems.

I have helped many people, and I've never had problems with macdrive.

Also gparted *still* eats partition tables sometimes, but is universal used.

i did not find the two kext you were telling me to delete, i did an entire search on the drive aswell. below is the picture from Extensions folder of what i do have....again thx a lot for helping me

post-689525-1289435614_thumb.png

Try to boot with -x flag

Transmac gives other problems ( in some systems sees the mac drives as read only, and others).

There is not the perfect software, expecially in cross-not supported-filesystems.

I have helped many people, and I've never had problems with macdrive.

you are simply wrong, in 5 years I have seen or heard of no problems with transmac, its only disadvantage is that it is less convenient than a driver-level solution.. you claim to have helped many people, but remember, it is not the quantity of posting that matters, but the quality.

However, that is not the purpose of this topic. please accept my advice and carry on.

since i have ubuntu installed i have Grub loader..instead i boot up chameleon with a usb then do -x flag...but were getting close i beleive, its stuck loading...its been loading for 45 min and then i restarted it and its still loading for another 10....any idea..hope we can do this..thx

since i have ubuntu installed i have Grub loader..instead i boot up chameleon with a usb then do -x flag...but were getting close i beleive, its stuck loading...its been loading for 45 min and then i restarted it and its still loading for another 10....any idea..hope we can do this..thx

Don't boot with grub (grub2 I suppose), but with chameleon (or with a boot CD)

Alright im real sorry to do this to you, but i now figured a way to install snow leopard, but its having some of the same issues, it will not boot, there are errors. If u can please help me with this one. This is the OS i was aiming for so i gave a try and i got it installed but it wont load. i followed the directions here and is booting up the the bootup cd they have posted. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi.../t227592-0.html

but now im getting this error....

post-689525-1289510980_thumb.jpg

and ive been trying these guides but i do not have a /extra folder in the root of the drive...or anywhere

i got it working by first taking out 4 gigs of ram...idk if that did it, but i also booted using -legacy...it booted up and i set it up now i gotta find all the kext and everything i need...thank you soo much for your help...my ethernet isnt working :) but im hoping to find all the right stuff soon thx again