Linksys WUSB600n v2 - help me be like you

notbillcosby

3 posts in this topic

I've read everything I can on this topic and things still aren't working out for me. Someone please help give me some guidance!

I have an older Dell running 10.5. I also have a Linksys WUSB600n v2 wireless adapter.

I downloaded the Ralink drivers off of their website and installed the ones in the 10.5 folder. I edited the single .plist file, and changed "112" to "121" in the spot I'm supposed to. I tried both KextUtility as well as the string of terminal commands that people say to use, restarting after each.

When I plug in the dongle, the blue LED lights, and the Ralink Wireless Utility pops open immediately. Success, right?! WRONG! The program says "No Device!!" and after about 2 seconds, that turns to "Disconnected." and the program closes.

In my Network prefs, it shows the device as "USB Ethernet Device (en2)" and says that I have unplugged a cable from it. The USB panel in System Profiler calls it a Linksys WUSB600n v2.

I can tell I'm close, maybe something needs to be tweaked in the network panel, i don't know. Please, if anyone can catch whatever step I missed, fill me in!!