10.4.6 to 10.4.8 issues

Jwoofter

1 post in this topic

Ok so I was running 10.4.6 and it worked flawlessly! It installed without a hitch and was so fast! But I wanted CI/QE support so I needed to upgrade to .8 and from there I coud get to .11. I downloaded Jas 10.4.8 (Was previously running Jas .6) and installed. The installation went fine just like on .6 but when it started to boot up, I got this :

CIMG0033.jpg

I booted into safe mode which worked fine. The other problem is that when I click about this mac, it logs me out. I can log back in and if I don't click about this mac, all is fine. I did some searching and it seems to be pretty common so I'm sure I can get it fixed...I just got a dead end with that boot screen.

My specs are:

HP Media Center m480n

512mb RAM

3.2GHZ SSE2 P4

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

If anybody who knows what's up and can help I'd appreciate it ;) I just can't believe I finally got OSX up and running lol the 2 weeks it took me to figure it out makes it just that much sweeter!

I will be posting a verbose pic in a sec once it's done!

Thanks

EDIT: Ok it jut got done booting in verbose using -v. It ran through it's deal but it never stopped. It took about 5 minutes and it went through verbose and then went straight to the screen you see above. I skipped the apple boot up with the spinning wheel.

Also I should add that on install I unchecked everything but the base system (I think it was called that) but everything was unchecked that it would let me uncheck