Dell Wireless 1520 802.11n Half Mini-Card

mchamartin

3 posts in this topic

Very new to all this and haven't been a Mac user since OS 8, but I seem to pretty much have Snow Leopard up and running on my Inspiron 1440 with the exception of wireless (and a few minor bugs -- but I think if the webcam is gonna keep crashing iChat I can live without it). Is there any way to get a Dell Wireless 1520 802.11n Half Mini-Card running? Been searching the forums here and Google for the past few hours and haven't found anything yet, starting to fear that maybe there's just nothing to find. System Profiler shows that I've got AppleAirPortBrcm43224.kext installed but that's evidently not good enough. For whatever it's worth, here's the readout I get from the Ubuntu terminal on sudo lshw:

*-network

description: Wireless interface

product: BCM43224 802.11a/b/g/n

vendor: Broadcom Corporation

physical id: 0

bus info: pci@0000:0c:00.0

logical name: eth1

version: 01

serial: f0:7b:cb:7f:dd:79

width: 64 bits

clock: 33MHz

capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless

configuration: broadcast=yes driver=wl0 driverversion=5.60.48.36 ip=192.168.0.195 latency=0 multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11abgn

resources: irq:17 memory:f69fc000-f69fffff

Somebody please tell me there's a handy kext out there to fix this or something.