Unable to install programs

doblANy

8 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I've got OSX 10.4.6 (JaS) installed on my AMD64 3000+ CPU on a Gigabyte K8NF-9 motherboard. The OS works greate but I'm having 2 problems...

1. I'm unable to install any programs at all - Installer just hangs
  2. Itunes has no text in the preferences section

I'm not sure if these are related as some peole have talked about the AMD_Enabler patch 1.0a but others say it crashes the OS.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

I have the same trouble.

I am currently working on JaS 10.4.6 updated to 10.4.7 (amd patched) and updated with software update after that.

Only happens when I want to install a mpkg. Installer crashes just when "configure installation"

I think thats a problem related to AMD procesor and support o osx.

LAter... edit

I have solved this situation.

Open finder, go to Utilities, and right click Installer.

then select open from rossetta and then tri installing anything again. Juts works.

lordeath - your right it is only MPKG packages that I carn't install (Just did PKG on abobe reader fine).

Can you tell me the names of the updates and patches you used?

I've got Mac.OS.X.v10.4.7.Update.from.v10.4.6...)_byJaS.zip but this has INTEL ONLY written all over it?!?!?

EDIT - Juts found the AMD patch to 10.4.7 will install when it's done. But you mentioned 'and updated with software update after that' <- what software updates?

LAter... edit

I have solved this situation.

Open finder, go to Utilities, and right click Installer.

then select open from rossetta and then tri installing anything again. Juts works.

I've tried this but I do not get an option to open with Rosetta?!?!

P.S. Rammjet - hope you don't mind I stole your signature design until I get one sorted. It really helps when reading others posts.

Just to let anyone who is having this problem that I resolved it my updating my OS to 10.4.7. I used the following file Mac.OS.X.v10.4.7.Update.from.v10.4.6...)_by.ja

S.zip (When you unpack it says Intel Only but don't panic it works great!!!)

It has not only solved my install problem but when I installed Itunes 6.0.5 it fixed the preferences issue alse.

As far as I can tell I have a fully working OS - Kudos to all

next task it to get a new browser!!! Safari just doesn't cut it!