Problem installing iAtkos S3 10.6.3 on Samsung R580

frubsen

6 posts in this topic

I have a Samsung R580 i5 460m Laptop and I'm trying to install the iAtkos S3 10.6.3 OSX.

On the boot screen I used "-v busratio=19". I can get into the install, I have a 300gb partition I formatted to Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

When it gets to the install screen, it gets an 1/8th of an inch along and stalls at 18 minutes remaining. In the log it says...

Looking for system packages

no system packages found

No or Invalid system receipts found on /Volumes/LEOPARD

Attempting fallback using: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemMigration.framework/Resources/FallbackSystemFiles.plist

Finding system files...

Writing system path cache.

Error writing cache to /Volumes/LEOPARD/Caches/com.apple.FindSystemFiles.plist

Failed to enumerate /Volumes/LEOPARD/Library/Caches, cannot prune (

"com.apple.user*pictureCache*"

reading from /System/Installation/Pacakges/10.6.3.Intel: Input/output error

error processing data: Input/output error

Any ideas?

I have a Samsung R580 i5 460m Laptop and I'm trying to install the iAtkos S3 10.6.3 OSX.

On the boot screen I used "-v busratio=19". I can get into the install, I have a 300gb partition I formatted to Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

When it gets to the install screen, it gets an 1/8th of an inch along and stalls at 18 minutes remaining. In the log it says...

Looking for system packages

no system packages found

No or Invalid system receipts found on /Volumes/LEOPARD

Attempting fallback using: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemMigration.framework/Resources/FallbackSystemFiles.plist

Finding system files...

Writing system path cache.

Error writing cache to /Volumes/LEOPARD/Caches/com.apple.FindSystemFiles.plist

Failed to enumerate /Volumes/LEOPARD/Library/Caches, cannot prune (

"com.apple.user*pictureCache*"

reading from /System/Installation/Pacakges/10.6.3.Intel: Input/output error

error processing data: Input/output error

Any ideas?

anybody?

Is your HD (SATA, I assume) set up as AHCI in the BIOS? I've never been able to completely finish an install unless my HD was set to AHCI.

yep..set to AHCI

could it be a bad disc? should I try using a retail version with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]?

• 3 months later...

Same issue here. Using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 2.6 then a Retail 10.6 Leopard. Same errors exactly in the Log. I've tried different copies of 10.6 and same problem so either it's something setup wrong in my BIOS but I doubt it as I followed explicit instructions from the P6X58D-E thread for that, or something wrong with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 2.6.

ASUS P6X58D-E

i7-950

6GB Patriot Viper Series2

80GB Seagate HD for the install (formatted as Extended Journaled)

• 1 year later...