Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Tenda W311U USB stick wireless-b/g/n *works*

1 post in this topic

Good news - just because we have a "Hack" doesn't mean we have to do without wireless (even n). Wouldn't you like a supremely cheap wireless-N solution that works with any supported Hackintosh (even in Snow Leopard) with no fiddling?

Guess what - such a creature exists.

I just bought (Wednesday) a Tenda W311U wireless-N USB stick adapter for the "infamous spare/visitor drawer" (that drawer for the odd desktop or portable with no working networking) at the Fairfax, VA MicroCenter (they are blasting these stick NICs out for $10USD + local sales taxes). In addition to the Windows drivers (32 and 64-bit) the install CD also includes Linux *and* OS X drivers (including drivers for the Snow Leopard). I tested out the install on my fresh iAtkos S3 V2 installation, and it was utterly flawless - a reboot later and I was quickly and easily connected via N to my Netgear WNR-3500 V1. No problems or quibbles.

Now if only I can manage to find proper support for my HD5450 PCIe, I'd be happier than YKW....