FakeSMC causes Kernel Panic. Cannot boot.

iliveinabucket

8 posts in this topic

So yesterday I installed FakeSMC (download link here) and it now it causes kernel panic on boot.

By looking at the text stuff outputted by the screen in verbose mode, I determined that FakeSMC is causing the problem. It says something about how FakeSMC is a duplicate and it fails to start. (Pictures attached at the end of post)

With my resourcefulness, I installed Paragon's HFS+ for Windows 7 so I can access my Mac drive and edit system files or back up all my existing files for the remainder of the 10-day-trial period.

I tried backing up and deleting the FakeSMC.kext in S/L/E and in /Extras but the problem is still exactly the same. Do you guys know how to solve this problem? Am I even approaching the problem in the right way?

THANKS A BUNCH!

a60ac5f7c0b1bfec9f0400dd0f5c7471cc00e70f55683671a1fbcb922ceef6a46g.jpg

7a71f67885001b6902fd16cb0127ff38a94bf3c8705d0aff8f160b03e99f43f96g.jpg

Alright thanks to your FakeSMC file I managed to fix the kernel panic.

By placing your FakeSMC in both extra extensions AND S/L/E I got it to boot. However, my touchpad does not work anymore!!! voodooPS2 crash maybe? My keyboard and external USB mouse work fine but I still need a working touchpad.

I stared at the screen during verbose boot but only FakeSMC failed to load, found lines and lines of NVenabler lines like probe failed

I tried all that I can, swapping out some kexts but I can't figure out why my Mac won't boot! It now gets past the black verbose mode but hangs at the blue screen. Login window will not show up.

Actually, I did get it to show up once by booting in safe mode. However, my mouse and touchpad and keybaord would not work so I couldn't log in anyways.

EDIT: Since booting into safemode works, I'm guessing there are some big problems with my extensions?