Looking to Build First Hackintosh

caboj

5 posts in this topic

Hello there,

I am relatively new to the whole Hackintosh scene, but it interests me a lot and I kind of want to make a "Hack Pro" to compliment my MacBook.

I have a general idea of what I need to do, but I just want to make sure before I buy all my components that they would be compatible. I have looked around hard to find the answers, and couldn't find too much info (other than my motherboard works, but there are a few kinks).

I currently have these items in my shopping cart at Newegg.

Motherboard

CPU

Video Card

RAM

DVD Drive

HDD

If anyone has any info on how compatible these components are, or can point me in the direction of where I can find the info, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, this is my first time trying to build a PC as well, so any tips on better, more compatible components would be awesome. I am trying to keep my budget around $600-$700 though.

Thanks so much!

Thank you for the helpful answer.

I did some research, and I think this card should be compatible

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?...N82E16814130537

The HCL said GT240 1GB DDR3 cards are compatible, but made by Gainward. The wiki didn't say anything about EVGA cards.

Or would it be more worthwhile to spend a few more dollars and get this?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?...0-447-_-Product

All I want to do is stream online video without lag, watch HD video without lag, and occasionally use Photoshop and RARELY play some games. But I also don't want to get a card that will be really slow in a year from now.

One last thing... my motherboard on the HCL wiki says this:

SOUND: ALC892 the latest VoodooHDA, 0.2.62, will NOT work. no output on any port including headphones, even though console shows it working. Use 0.2.52 (included in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]) instead.

ETHERNET: RTL8111E The latest 0.67 version will NOT work-- you'll get a self-assigned IP address issue [23]. Use Lnx2Mac's Realtek RTL81xx driver [24]

So I assume these are just driver issues that I can fix, or should I get other hardware?

Thanks so much!