Snow Leo on HP 6730b

Bikerbuz

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

I´ve searched both Our forums and on the net for info on how to get past this, but I only found one or two (could be the same guy)that succeeded, but no info on how they did it.

Bios is set to AHCI and i´ve tried dozens of different combinations for all other settings (usb, card reader, FW for ex.) but no luck :D

On my old laptop (HP 6710b), there was a setting for the behavior of the AHCI, but I can´t find it in the 6730b Bios?

If anyone could help me before all my hair is ripped out, I´d be most greatful :o

Hi everyone.

I´ve searched both Our forums and on the net for info on how to get past this, but I only found one or two (could be the same guy)that succeeded, but no info on how they did it.

Bios is set to AHCI and i´ve tried dozens of different combinations for all other settings (usb, card reader, FW for ex.) but no luck :(

On my old laptop (HP 6710b), there was a setting for the behavior of the AHCI, but I can´t find it in the 6730b Bios?

If anyone could help me before all my hair is ripped out, I´d be most greatful :unsure:

Hi,

I believe that you should change the boot order, put the hdd in the first position.

That's what I did for my 6930p.

I´m sorry to say that I tried that allready :unsure: It didn´t make any difference. I connected a usb-drive to see if the installer could find it and that worked right away, so I did a basic install to it and used carbon copy to mirror it to the internal disk, but that failed to :(

I must have made something terribly wrong in an earlier life! Nothing seems to go my way right now... Maybe I should just hold off for a while until my karma recovers :D

Thanks anyway tzel2

/Bikerbuz