Loading halts on apple install screen?

68iou1

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. I'm pretty much new to the MAC scene but I'm very pc literate. I have an image of 10.6.3 of snow. I've tried using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url],efi (latest), and the nforce which was stated in another topic.

I do everything right In the BIOS as the nforce 750i pdf manual says.

When I put the official MAC osx install cd in, press enter it goes to a white/silver screen with a Apple symbol. Then a

loading sign comes up ( spins in circle) for about 1 min. Then a halt sign appears ( circle sign with a line going diagonally down). Small sign just over the Apple sign. No cd loading on the dvd drive, nothing.

System specs

IDE dvd drive

Core 2 quad 9300

Asus p5nd nforce mobo

80 gig SATA drive (test drive)

Inno3d gtx 275

4 gig ram

ThAnks for reading , hope I can get this sorted.

Hey everyone. I'm pretty much new to the MAC scene but I'm very pc literate. I have an image of 10.6.3 of snow. I've tried using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url],efi (latest), and the nforce which was stated in another topic.

I do everything right In the BIOS as the nforce 750i pdf manual says.

When I put the official MAC osx install cd in, press enter it goes to a white/silver screen with a Apple symbol. Then a

loading sign comes up ( spins in circle) for about 1 min. Then a halt sign appears ( circle sign with a line going diagonally down). Small sign just over the Apple sign. No cd loading on the dvd drive, nothing.

System specs

IDE dvd drive

Core 2 quad 9300

Asus p5nd nforce mobo

80 gig SATA drive (test drive)

Inno3d gtx 275

4 gig ram

ThAnks for reading , hope I can get this sorted.

See here......... :thumbsup_anim:

See here......... :(

Ok I've managed to successfully install the MAC osx 10.6.3 via an install cd iatkos s3 (July build). Used the cam rc4 loader with nforce SATA driver ticked. Graphics enabled, ticked efi string for the vga graphics dvi option. Voodoo for sound and ticked an option for CPU which stated it was the most common used. Installed fine on the mbr partition, successful etc. Restarted loaded the efi studuo, tryed to boot, loading symbol comes up with a "stop now" sign or a halt sign just on the Apple logo. Any ideas? Thank you

Ok I've managed to successfully install the MAC osx 10.6.3 via an install cd iatkos s3 (July build). Used the cam rc4 loader with nforce SATA driver ticked. Graphics enabled, ticked efi string for the vga graphics dvi option. Voodoo for sound and ticked an option for CPU which stated it was the most common used. Installed fine on the mbr partition, successful etc. Restarted loaded the efi studuo, tryed to boot, loading symbol comes up with a "stop now" sign or a halt sign just on the Apple logo. Any ideas? Thank you

Boot with -v and post a screenshot and then boot with -v -x and do the same.........also see my blog for Snow Leopard DVD distro install guides.......