Intel Graphics gma 3150 ID A002 Kext

kinberly

14 posts in this topic

Hi.My ASUS AT5NM510 runs all perfectly on original retail Snow Leopard 10,6,4.

All except integrated graphic chipset.It´s an Intel Pineview GMA 3150 (without X),

Device ID A002,also integrated in the Onboard processor,Intel Atom n510 Dual Core,

1,667 Mhz @667 Mhz FSB.Memory is Kingston 2Gb@800 Mhz.

I´ve search for months in all x86 forums and googled all world round.

But it seems as if no one in the world has even tried to install Snow Leopard in an

miniITX board like mine,with integrated processor and graphics.

I know that a lot of netbooks (like latest Dell´s) have the same graphic chipset,just

running at less frecuency and with some less shared memory,but will do the job for me.

Please,can anyone tell me where can I get the kexts?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kinberly.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone who has the GMA3150 running with maklort's patch have any comments on how its going? Thinking of trying to get a netbook running with it and looking for first hand comments to see if that netbook is worth it.

I'm also using an dell mini 1012 which is have GMA 3150 graphic card. I'm installed my system with the guide in this page:

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/general-ma...12-os-x-18.html

but I didn't try Meklort's last chameleon update with 10.6.5. I'm using 10.6.4 and everything works well except Quartz Extreme. Because graphics card works with 915resolution hack and doesn't have original drivers. You can find more information in the forum. There is a big community there working on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i have a pc that boots snow leopard and works except graphics its gma 3150

when i installed the latest nbi it identifies the graphics card on boot

it goes a bit and boom input mode not supported on screen it looks like it is booting in to system but still input mode not supported

does any one know how i can fix this :unsure::wallbash:

• 2 weeks later...

What method did you use to install? I just bought an Intel D510MO, which looks to be pretty much the same thing with different audio chipset, and I can't get snoleo on it for the life of me.. looks like a cpu problem to me.

Anyway once I get it installed, I'll be hard at work getting the gfx to work and post back with my results..

Thanks!!!

What method did you use to install? I just bought an Intel D510MO, which looks to be pretty much the same thing with different audio chipset, and I can't get snoleo on it for the life of me.. looks like a cpu problem to me.

Anyway once I get it installed, I'll be hard at work getting the gfx to work and post back with my results..

Thanks!!!

i used a special distro called iantarez pretty hard to find

here is a link http://temphdd.com/dl/iso/macosx/iAntares_...10.6.3_v2.2.iso

i just burned it selected atom kernel and installed

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks!!!

Kinberly says:

Yes,it´s the same motherboard except audio.

If it´s your first experience installing Snow,your Intel D510 Atom Dual core mobo will accept perfectly

at first try,without patching,My Hack installer,allowing you to dual boot with windows.

Get it here: http://osx86.sojugarden.com/installer/.

You have ALL the instructions step by step there.Is the USB method.

But remember:surely everything will work,audio included,except perfect graphics:only one resolution,

no kext loaded and no Quartz Extreme support.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Using most of the information available on this forum, I'm posting this from an Asus 1005PE; Ethernet (Atheros, AttansicL1eEthernet.kext) & WiFi (Atheros 9285, IO80211Family.kext) work perfectly, sound works with VoodooHDA, keyboard & touchpad work with latest VoodooPS2, USB works with IOUSBFamily-378.pkg, card reader works with IOPCIFamily.kext & IOSDHCIBlockDevice.kext, webcam works in Photobooth, graphics work thanks to Meklort's workaround for 1024x600 resolution; NO QuartzExtreme acceleration, mind you. Graphics are running from the framebuffer, it's the only gripe, and it's gonna be that way until a hack for the GMA 3150 is found, or a driver is ported, whatever.

I'm pretty satisfied so far, as this wasn't supposed to work from the very beginning, I used iAtkos S3 v2, booting from a jailbroken iPod Touch as the USB drive, since it's the only thing I had at hand, worked like a charm :gun:

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...