Remote Desktop w/ Multiple Monitors

errandwolfe

5 posts in this topic

I currently have a dual display going on my Mac using a GMA950 with the ADD2 card. I frequently remote in to my desktop from my Windows work machine using Timbuktu Pro. It seems if I had a Mac client as a remote I would be able to choose which monitor I would like to see (see note from netopia website below). This feature does not seem to be available when using the Windows TB2 client. Can anyone think of an app off hand that will allow me to "flip" my screens? Or even better a remote desktop client that actually supports this natively?

FAQ from Netopia.com follows----->

Can I view both monitors when controlling my dual monitor Mac?

When controlling a Mac with dual monitors, a Mac guest can see both of the host's monitors by using the Switch monitors option within the Control\Look menu in the menu bar to toggle between the host's two monitors. If the guest has two monitors as well, the guest will still only be able to view the host's two monitors one at a time on one of the guest's monitors.

A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a site that talked about how to config x11 with dual

monitor. Presuming that you are not on a Hackintosh with "no-dual-support" you could

search for something like "osx dual display span x11". Unfortunately, I forgot the URL

and my Tiger has no TimeMachine :)

A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a site that talked about how to config x11 with dual

monitor. Presuming that you are not on a Hackintosh with "no-dual-support" you could

search for something like "osx dual display span x11". Unfortunately, I forgot the URL

and my Tiger has no TimeMachine :blink:

I am actually on a system with dual display support, GMA950 w/ ADD2....I will google a bit and see what I can find. Thanks for the tip though.