Help/Feedback Requested re Chameleon RC4

baylorbear

6 posts in this topic

Good evening!

Can anyone direct me to a page with (in your opinion) comprehensive info about Chameleon or even some personal suggestions? I'm just starting out and been trying to slowly work my way through the massive amount of information available via this forum.

I have Chameleon RC4 installed on my flash drive along with PC EFI 10.6. The problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to select multiple boot flags at once. The menu allows you to select an option with seemingly one boot flag per option, but I haven't been successful in using multiple flags (-v -x cpus=1) that sorta thing.

I've seen multiple posts stating that RC4 has "issues" but there appears to be a vast difference in setup/installer configurations these folks are using.

I've done considerable research into my hardware and believe that my hardware has the capabilities to support OSX (much thanks to the wiki and Google!), but your guidance is very much appreciated!

The menu allows you to select an option with seemingly one boot flag per option, but I haven't been successful in using multiple flags (-v -x cpus=1) that sorta thing.

Yes, the menu uses a specially developed "one flag only" technology!

Just start typing in your boot flags when you're at the boot device selection screen.

Blank_Facepalm.gif

Also

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=232028

• Like 1

I was afraid that would be the "official answer". To my credit, however, I tried that over and over again because I presumed it "MUST" work that way.

But sadly, nothing. Keyboard was responding because I could arrow over/up/down on the menu options. But typing -v or -x had absolutely zero effect. I even thought maybe it was accepting input without echoing anything to the screen, but that too did not work.

Many thanks for the links to the documentation. I will study it tonight.

On the off-shoot that anyone else has had similar problems with Chameleon RC4 not responding to direct keyboard entry of boot flags... any comments you could off that don't make me feel like such a sap are welcomed! :)

I suppose it may be in my best interest to revert back to RC3 to see if this resolves the problem. Will post back again if I'm still not getting anything. Very strange problem :(

I don't understand.

If you start typing while you're at the boot device selection screen, the command prompt should appear on the bottom left, being activated by your first keypress.

Don't enter a sub-menu (don't press down arrow) before you start typing.

Select your boot device with your left/right arrow keys and then start typing your commands.

If it works now, the facepalming man above is you.