Aspire 5600 + iAtkos V3 = Safe mode Only?

poopmonkey

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys any help regarding this problem would be great.

First off this system runs leopard perfectly. The only thing missing is wireless internet but that's fine.

Yet, I decided to try to install Snow Leopard on this laptop and I came up with a weird problem. It seems that I cannot boot into Snow Leopard with just the -v flag. Basically, it just seems to hang there forever, it doesn't really state any error it just pauses and stops posting any new info for a while. I gave it around 10 minutes and it went nowhere after a bit of posting and then it just stopped. However, the weird thing is that -v -x flag actually got me into Snow Leopard once. It took a little bit but even in safe mode the mouse was not smooth at all and it was really really laggy. I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this up? I tried installing the system a few times now and even tried a custom kernel and it did not remedy the problem.

Specs:

2.00GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T7200

GMA 950

1.5 GB of Ram

Hey just small update, I reinstalled MacOS without Macfuse since it was hanging on that it seems and I booted with the -f -v flags and left it on for a while. Finally some music started to play. It played for a bit but then stopped. Yet, the screen itself was still the black background white font.

Could anyone really clue me in on this? I mean I really have no idea why my laptop can easily run Tiger and Leopard but Snow Leopard is a no go.

Hi,

I have an Aspire 5630 an install using iAtkos V3 S2. Just manage to run after 10 times installation. My problem seems to be the GMA 950 kext.

You should try using the "Natit" setting kext for GMA 950. Should be able to run...