Sleep issues with 4GB of RAM

YoMuS

3 posts in this topic

Hello!

I was having a perfectly working system, but a week ago I ran into a couple of RAM sticks (same model and brand) and bought them. When I plug in the 4 sticks (crucial ballistix ddr2-800) the system goes a lot faster, but when I put the computer to sleep, the screen goes black but the fans keep spinning. When I click the mouse to wake up, it just does nothing and have to press reset.

Anybody has some ideas?

Looking the memory specifications under Windows/Everest, the two new sticks have slightly differences. Might that be the problem?

Thanks in advance. :(

Hello!

I was having a perfectly working system, but a week ago I ran into a couple of RAM sticks (same model and brand) and bought them. When I plug in the 4 sticks (crucial ballistix ddr2-800) the system goes a lot faster, but when I put the computer to sleep, the screen goes black but the fans keep spinning. When I click the mouse to wake up, it just does nothing and have to press reset.

Anybody has some ideas?

Looking the memory specifications under Windows/Everest, the two new sticks have slightly differences. Might that be the problem?

Thanks in advance. :(

can you post your system specs?