Need help getting Charmeleon on EFI

Danv

6 posts in this topic

I have manage to install vanilla OSX 10.6.0 then updated to 10.6.4 on my Dell XPS M1530... I have also installed Windows 7 prior installing OSX and the usual bootmgr got broke and then I fix it with the Windows CD.

And now, I have two working OS but can't get Charmeleon on EFI to boot them without my boot cd (DellSnowCD something like that).

And I think my shutdown/reboot/sleep problems are link to DSDT thing which is part of Chameleon.

Can you guys help me to install it and where can I find the good kexts to put in the Extra folder ?

Thanks for your help!

I have manage to install vanilla OSX 10.6.0 then updated to 10.6.4 on my Dell XPS M1530... I have also installed Windows 7 prior installing OSX and the usual bootmgr got broke and then I fix it with the Windows CD.

And now, I have two working OS but can't get Charmeleon on EFI to boot them without my boot cd (DellSnowCD something like that).

And I think my shutdown/reboot/sleep problems are link to DSDT thing which is part of Chameleon.

Can you guys help me to install it and where can I find the good kexts to put in the Extra folder ?

Thanks for your help!

Please see Munky's very comprehensive EFI install guide here.

D

• 4 weeks later...

I gave up about putting Chameleon on EFI, I put it on Snow' partition and get done with it... start working with the kext now... I used the ones that was on DellSnowCD but I am still missing features like touchpad, sleep, reboot, and audio in.

I used a DSDT somewhere on this forum and now shutdown is working but I lost audio (in and out).

Can you guys help me ? Thanks!

Dell M1530, T7550 2.2Ghz, 8400M GS

Alright alright, I know I have Google.. you don't have to do this over here.. it's newbie zone.

Anyway, I figured out sound with VoodooHDA and Sleep/Restart with OSXRestart.kext and SleepEnabler.kext !!

All I need now is a way to cool down this Dell... the fan are always blowing at max... and its hot as hell.. I used to have temp with Coolbook but I think I changed something and now, I can't see them anymore.

Oh yeah, and scrolling on this trackpad... even 1-finger scroll could be good... LOL

So nice to have Sleep yipeeee haha. and sound back also LOL