IOAPIC error (hang) with ram upgrade

zeclubbeur

4 posts in this topic

Hi

I don't know where I can post this question so, i ask it to you here.

Well, I've bought 2x1GB ram PC5300 to replace my old 2x512GB ram on my HPDV5000

On my laptop runs iAtkos 4i distro with official kernel (i can update my hackintosh with Mac Update)

So, when I changed the two ram in my laptop, it doesn't want to boot and hang with the message : IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87.

After some research, I found that if I put more than 1GB of ram, my hackintosh doesn't start. Only 2x512 or 1x1GB allow it to boot.

Do you know how I can do to make my two 1GB ram work ?

P.S. : Excuse me for my poor english, i'm french lol

Are you using a patched DSDT?

Extract DSDT from your PC with all the RAM installed. Use a Linux live CD or Everest Corporate Edition under Windows - don't extract DSDT under OS X, you'll just extract the already patched DSDT.

Search for every instance of 'operationregion' and compare the numbers with what's in your old DSDT.

Are you using a patched DSDT?

Extract DSDT from your PC with all the RAM installed. Use a Linux live CD or Everest Corporate Edition under Windows - don't extract DSDT under OS X, you'll just extract the already patched DSDT.

Search for every instance of 'operationregion' and compare the numbers with what's in your old DSDT.

Thanks for your reply

According to you, i thaught that i had to modify some files to make the ram work.

I think I do not use the DSDT.aml file. I have installed Chameleon 2.0 RC4 with the installer and before, I used Chameleon 1.0 :) witch was included in the distro.

I will try it tomorrow.