Phantom SSE3

Moop

1 post in this topic

I have slapped together an OSX86 Box. It's got an Intel D915GAG motherboard, an NEC OEM DVD-/+ dual layer drive, a Maxtor Serial ATA 200 GB Hard Drive, a pretty cute Micro ATX case to go with the D915GAG, and a Celeron D 336 (2.8 GHz). The Celeron D 336 processor is SUPPOSED to have SSE3. OS X doesn't see that it does (at least the installation of it that the install DVD boots from doesn't). After installing 10.4.4 from the JaS 10.4.6 DVD (just to see how 10.4.4 without anything else ran) and fixing the b0 error by making the partition active, I was able to at least start OS X, but what I booted into was just a blank blue screen with a movable mouse pointer and nothing happening. Could this be due to the fact that OS X doesn't see my processor's SSE3? I'm now going to temporarily install OS X with the SSE2 patch to see if that yields me the same problem. In the meantime, what should I do to get OS X running and utilizing SSE3? I bought this Celeron D so I could have SSE3 to begin with. Thanks again for your time if not your help.