Firefox & Safari

Maiden

3 posts in this topic

Hey Guys.

So i love firefox and i installed it right away without using safari. Anyways, i started to use safari the other day and i liked it. So i transferred my bookmarks and uninstalled firefox. I have 2 issues though, one on firefox and one on safari. 1. On Firefox when im downloading files, i have only seen it on rapidshare, my cousin uploaded a picture album and i wanted to download it. I noticed while it was downloading that the time left became --:-- and the download speed was the same. A couple of seconds passed and it was back to normal it kept doing it consistent, it said it would take like 10 minutes but it took like 30 between those "pauses". What's the exact word and is there a way to fix it, can someone explain to me what that is. I tried googling but i have no idea what to write.

2. (This is the problem with safari now) I was browsing normally, i reset safari and cleared the cache. I went on all the sites with logins and saved the password (facebook,twitter,insanelymac, etc.) Everything was loading normally and i shut safari, command tab q. I loaded it up and i went to amazon.com, i have it as a bookmark menu item and all of a sudden it took me to myspace.com. I was like wtf. So i shut safari, tried again same thing. Cleared cache and reset safari and same thing i logged off same thing. So i shut the mac down for a bit and then it was loading normally. What happened? Virus?

Thanks,

Maiden

Well lets start out by knowing what version of Safari that you're using and at first sight I thought it was a bug but after hearing you having troubles with firefox and safari it leads me to believe something else might be going on(not assuming it's a virus as I doubt it).

Run a verify disk just to make sure on your start up disk and tell the version of Safari that you're using as Apple recently updated Safari again to I believe 5.0.2.