Loading Darwin/x86... keypress... and... reboot?!?!?!

goguda

8 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I have a question. So I am trying to install iDeneb 1.4 which is OS X 10.5.6 on my Compaq Presario CQ60-404CA laptop, and whenever I get to "Loading Darwin/x86", that weird line-loading thingie will disappear, and appears frozen unless I press any key which will make it continue loading, unless in verbose mode, which then pressing a key does nothing and it just stays frozen. Anyways, after that, the apple bootsplash will flash for a second or two, and then the computer will reboot. I have also tried using iPC instead of iDeneb, with no luck either. Any suggestions? Thanks.

what are your specs?

Computer itself: Compaq Presario CQ60-404CA Notebook

Processor: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64... 2.1Ghz (64 bit)

Motherboard: Wistron 303C Model 08.60

Chipset: Nvidia GeForce 8200M Rev. 2

RAM: DDR2 3072MB

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 8200M G

If you need anything else just ask ;)

i dont know very much about AMD installation requirements, but you could also find some generic AMD guides, check here: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...s#10.6.4_Guides

make sure you DONT used the 10.5.6 guides or below

Okay. Thanks. I'll try that. :unsure:

i dont know very much about AMD installation requirements, but you could also find some generic AMD guides, check here: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...s#10.6.4_Guides

make sure you DONT used the 10.5.6 guides or below

The only problem with those are that the only ones with AMD guides are ones showing how to install Snow Leopard, which, of course, you need Leopard to install in the first place. So I have to install leopard first...