Snow Leopard Switchable Graphics

tayshun12

7 posts in this topic

hey everybody,

I have an hp dv6 with an ati 5650 and intel gma switchable graphics. I was wondering if I could install snow leopard and only use the intel gma graphics because I know ati 5650 isnt supported. Any help is appreciated. also, does the intel gma 3100 support QE?

sweet! tried installing vanilla. but I keep getting an error something like " cpu set to 45hz" then "disabling cpu.

I used a darwin boot disc then the GM snow leopard disc original. i tried boot -v and busratio=17, and both lol.. Any other suggestions or custom Distros that you woul reccomend trying?

Im going to try the hazard distro and see where that takes me. Vanilla isnt working for me. just to clarify, F8

boot: "cpus=1 busratio=17 -v" is what I would have to type? with no quotes obviously. Also does it matter if I put the -v and the beginning or end? i figured it would be at the end so that the state/type of processor is declared primerement

ok promlem here. 10.6.2 works fine but does not have drivers for the intel grpahics. when i tried to update I get kernel panic. then when I restart I get an error on chameleon v5 saying something to do with hibernation and that I should use ForceWake=y.

I've tried that, booting with -v -x -f

but it always either hangs or restarts.

I dont know what im doing wrong. I installed the legacy kernel after it asked me to restart the update, so I dont know what the problem could be. any help appreciated.

Tayshun Ally