Greetings, Looking for some advice.

Languy

3 posts in this topic

Well, sorry for the sort of demanding first post here on these forums, seems like a great place, and I really want to get my hackintosh up and running ASAP.

I have a semi-old(Being under a year, but still not up-to-date Dell Inspiration 6000 Laptop, @1.6Ghz, 1gig ram with the Intel Extreme Video card it came with, I can get more specific statistics if they're needed but i'm just wondering, to be blunt, can this machine run OSX86 resonably well? I own an Ibook, but Ive been using it for work only recently and I've wanted to use the dell as a hobby laptop, but It still needs to run well in order for me to be satisfied, I am willing to work to get it to be so, however I'd like to check in with people who have actually done this before I risk wasting time on something that just isn't worth doing.

Kind regards, and thanks for those who take the time to read, regardless if you post any help;

Lan.

Thanks alot Rammjet, that answers anything I need, I've never used a wiki on a site like this before, but as I can see thanks to you everything one could ever need to know is there, thanks alot again, appreciate it.

Lan.