Vicki

4 posts in this topic

My partner is looking to install mac osx on his laptop

he has a dell xps m1530

c2d 2.5ghz

4gb of memory

500gb hard drive

nvidia 8600gts 256mb

not sure of wifi card but i have one this one i can put in Dell Wireless 1390* Mini-PCI Express Wi-Fi Card - Broadcom 4311 Chipset.

Not sure of any other info you need but ask and i will come back and update it with as much as i can

He connects it to the pc monitor with hdmi. So would be looking to do that if possible as well asthe normal screen his monitor its 28" hans g. I not sure is hdmi work higher than 10.6.2 + as i read that some where experiencing some problems and when he uses the hdmi the laptop lip is closed and he uses an external keyboard and mouse, hope this helps

I have an install this same machine, will try to run some tests for you on the HDMI since I have 10.6.4 on it. I can tell you that the wireless card you can put in (the 1390) should work fine with out of the box, as my 1525 has the same card and works fine. I should be able to try the HDMI tonite.

Well, I didn't get any picture when I tried booting with HDMI plugged in, and I had to boot with -f to get it to boot without after the fact. I would suggest some more research with the HDMI, because I'm at a loss for what to do next, I don't use HDMI on this machine so I hadn't checked before.

I have got a disk with 10.6.2 on it and am an away to install it.

What is the best method to dual boot with as want to keep it with windows 7 64 bit.

Does any one have a guide on how to do it

I am not sure what partition is what but can find out if that helps

Will also have a dell recover patition so could end up with a few

DELL VISTA RECOVERY

WINDOWS 7

WINDOWS 7 SYSTEM RESERVED

WINDOWXP - I WILL BE USING THIS PARTITION FOR MAC OSX

Not 100 % sure where the are on the disk and what comes first ect