"Perfect hardware configuration" - dream or not?

KOERONE

1 post in this topic

Hi fighters!

I used to struggle some years ago with iDeneb installation on my Asus F5RL, after some months of struggle I finally did it. When I finally saw the apple in upper left corner of the screen I was so happy that I wanted to B) , but then disappointment came suddenly.. No QE No CI No hardware acceleration at all, no sleep mode, no BT, no wireless, no this, no that.. I knew that Asus is sh^t but I thought that core2duo/2Gram makes it in some way powerful (2008), I was wrong.

Finally I bought a REAL mac, as I don't have reach parents and I'm not awfully reach, I had to choose the low end one. I chose 2x1ghz g4, 2gb ram, geforce4 + apple studio display 17" it was about 200$/150€ incl delivery. It works perfect, except some overheating+noise which is well known issue, and ofcourse some hardware restrictions-no CI. This wonderful device allowed me to try and examine the Mac OS X, I found many things that are missing in Windows, like f9 f10 f11 keys, advanced drag'n'drop.. Enough this bullsheat.

I found that everyone is lookin' for a perfect configuration but nobody ever found one, maybe the best configuration is Mac PRO? Probably is, but who have enough bling bling to buy a box for 5000$ and a screen for 2000$? I don't have that money. The main question is, is there a chance to run MacOSX on a pc at full speed? With no trouble like no sleep mode? It is not possible to find equivalent motherboard like those installed in macs pro for 2xquad xeon at a lower price, but the single xeon quads are installed in ibm computers which i can buy for about 1000 bucks in factory outlet, so I guess it is possible to build a MAC compatible pc. My problem, and a question to Y'all: is it worth to search, look for those compatible parts? Or maybe it just makes no sense and I should buy a realmac instead of tryin' to jack SteveJ.. I'm usin' my mac for fun at the moment, it's impossible to use it for work on this cpu and gpu, Adobe CS5 don't like powerpc. I'm not goin' to starve for a year to buy a mac pro but I would like to have a choice which os I want to work on. I'm boring? :rolleyes: cheers.

:) :) :) :) :)