Cannot Install any additional software

Haulpac

5 posts in this topic

Two days into successful dual boot installation with Win7, everything "SEEMED" fine......

However, I've just realised that I cannot install any extra Mac software on my iPC OSx86 10.5.6 side of the system.

I get Voodoo 9.5 Kernel panic when attempting to install any additional software, everything just freezes when the install starts, no mouse, no keyboard, nothing.

The only way out is to reset and reboot....

I've posted the error (bug) along with snapshots to the Voodoo Dev-Team (as instructed by the error report) but have a feeling that I might have to wait a long time for a reply...

Has anyone else experienced this and if so can you please help me ?

Something is seriously a-miss somewhere ???

Many Thanks..

Two days into successful dual boot installation with Win7, everything "SEEMED" fine......

However, I've just realised that I cannot install any extra Mac software on my iPC OSx86 10.5.6 side of the system.

I get Voodoo 9.5 Kernel panic when attempting to install any additional software, everything just freezes when the install starts, no mouse, no keyboard, nothing.

The only way out is to reset and reboot....

I've posted the error (bug) along with snapshots to the Voodoo Dev-Team (as instructed by the error report) but have a feeling that I might have to wait a long time for a reply...

Has anyone else experienced this and if so can you please help me ?

Something is seriously a-miss somewhere ???

Many Thanks..

Hello

Could you post the shots and codes here ?

Hello

Could you post the shots and codes here ?

Hi wangerman,

Thanks for offering to help.

Attached is a photo of the actual error screen shot when I tried to download and install Ibank, I've also got the same results when trying to download and install MoneyDance and Skype along with others...........

The download part is always OK, it's just that when I start to install everything freezes solid.........

Best Regards.

post-657217-1282379599_thumb.jpg

Hi wangerman,

Thanks for offering to help.

Attached is a photo of the actual error screen shot when I tried to download and install Ibank, I've also got the same results when trying to download and install MoneyDance and Skype along with others...........

The download part is always OK, it's just that when I start to install everything freezes solid.........

Best Regards.

I've now done my homework and managed to "fix" my problem by loading Seatbelt.kext.

Fingers crossed it all seems OK now....

Thanks