Help Starting Off!

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster. I had previously read a lot on this forum and tried the osx86 on my dell dimensions. It worked but the graphics were horrible cause there was not an able card in there. So i decided to build my first computer with the intel 945gtp modo amd and pentium D820 cpu. I got 2gbs of ram from edge and cosair ( 1 1gb stick each) and a hiper type r psu.

I was planning on using the hd from the dimensions. Ok, so i got all this stuff. Looks pretty, i'm confident its gonna be awsome. So i put everything in, and power it up, a green light by the main power connecter on the mobo comes on and nothing else happens. The fan on the heatsink (scythe ninja doest work) the fans on the psu dosn't work, no signal on the screen.. nothing.

I'd appreciate some help. I'm kinda new to this stuff, so be gentle.

Thanks

Sheeps

Well, your motherboard has power. Thats pretty much all i can get from your post. You might want to make sure that you have all of the power connections connected correctly, and that the fans are plugged into the motherboard correctly. Also, it is very possible that you simply did not wire the front switch correctly and everything else is setup perfectly. If that is the case, then you will need to either wire it correctly, or hard boot your machine and change the setting in the bios so that you can turn on your machine with the power supply switch.