Trouble installing iAtkos S3 V2 on Acer Aspire

xbxhkz

10 posts in this topic

I have an Acer Aspire 7736Z-4088 that I cant get to boot the new iAtkos S3 V2 dvd on.

I have tried all the combinations of -v, -f, -x, cpus=1, and cpus=2 and still it wont finish booting to the install menu.

Here are my system specs:

Intel T4400 Dual Core CPU

GL40 Express chipset

4Gb DDR2-667 RAM

Intel GMA 4500M video chipset

320Gb 3.0Gbs SATA HDD

8x Dual-Layer DVD writer

3-in-1 Media card reader

Intel HDA audio

Crystal Eye web cam

Atheros AR5009 wifi

Broadcom BCM5784M ethernet

Im not sure if you will need anything else. I will get pics of the screen s soon as I can to post them. Does anyone have any idea why the DVD wouldnt finish booting or any other boot options I can try?? I would even go to any regular Leopard distro if Snow Leopard happens to not be an option.

Thanks for your help.

I'm upping this thread since I'm having the same issue.

Boot won't load anything.

The only thing I've tried of all the boot flags is -v. I get 4 lines instead of nothing... and it freezes again after that.

I'm also curious to know if a regular Leopard install will do the trick or if there is something else going on.

I tried the same cd on another computer (Core 2 Duo) and it loads up, it gets a kernel panic but at least it gets farther (it doesn't really matter since I won't be installing on that computer)

I'm not sure how much I might be able to help but :-

1. Try enabling AHCI in your BIOS if you already haven't.

2. Try booting with the bootflag "arch=i386" without quotes of course.

3. Search for your motherboard on the forum and research what you need to do.

By the way cmdrk, I see in your signature that you have an Asus G50. Did you by any chance try to install snow leopard on it? We have identical specs and it runs great. I'm dual booting snow leopard and windows 7 on the same drive. Give it a try.

I'm not sure how much I might be able to help but :-

1. Try enabling AHCI in your BIOS if you already haven't.

2. Try booting with the bootflag "arch=i386" without quotes of course.

3. Search for your motherboard on the forum and research what you need to do.

By the way cmdrk, I see in your signature that you have an Asus G50. Did you by any chance try to install snow leopard on it? We have identical specs and it runs great. I'm dual booting snow leopard and windows 7 on the same drive. Give it a try.

I have AHCI enabled, and I got it to work. I think the issue was not having the "arch=i386" flag enabled.

Here are the flags I used: -v -f cpus=2 arch=i386

Now I am going to try to install and see what happens. If I have problems I'll repost, and if its a success I will post how I got it to work for others.

Thanks Rock

I have AHCI enabled, and I got it to work. I think the issue was not having the "arch=i386" flag enabled.

Here are the flags I used: -v -f cpus=2 arch=i386

Now I am going to try to install and see what happens. If I have problems I'll repost, and if its a success I will post how I got it to work for others.

Thanks Rock

Well apparently getting the dvd to boot is hit and miss. Half the time it doesnt boot, 1/4 the time it boots but the trackpad and usb mouse doesnt work, and 1/4 of the time they do work. I have tried installing iAtkos S3 v2 and it gives me a boot 0 error or something like that, so I attempted to install one of the boot loaders to the primary disk (disk0) and (disk0s1) but it cannot mount the dusks to do so for some reason. Anyone have any ideas?

Well apparently getting the dvd to boot is hit and miss. Half the time it doesnt boot, 1/4 the time it boots but the trackpad and usb mouse doesnt work, and 1/4 of the time they do work. I have tried installing iAtkos S3 v2 and it gives me a boot 0 error or something like that, so I attempted to install one of the boot loaders to the primary disk (disk0) and (disk0s1) but it cannot mount the dusks to do so for some reason. Anyone have any ideas?

Ok, found out something strange. I reinstalled my Linux distro and in the grub menu are 2 new entries:it

OSX 32 bit

OSX 64 bit

Now when I try to run the 32 bit OSX it freezes, and when I try the 64 bit it says no kernel loaded a few times.

Here is the strange part, if I try to load the 64 bit and return to the grub menu and load the 32 bit bit OSX it boots, but now I have an issue where it is saying there is no keyboard found, but my usb mouse works. So apprently when I installed I needed a specific kext to get my laptop keyboard to be recognized. Does anyone know where I can get the proper kext I need and weather or not I can replace the kext using my linux distro, then maybe use the disk to repair permissions, or which kext/driver I need from the disk to get my keyboard to work????

• 2 weeks later...
I have an Acer Aspire 7736Z-4088 that I cant get to boot the new iAtkos S3 V2 dvd on.

I have tried all the combinations of -v, -f, -x, cpus=1, and cpus=2 and still it wont finish booting to the install menu.

Here are my system specs:

Intel T4400 Dual Core CPU

GL40 Express chipset

4Gb DDR2-667 RAM

Intel GMA 4500M video chipset

320Gb 3.0Gbs SATA HDD

8x Dual-Layer DVD writer

3-in-1 Media card reader

Intel HDA audio

Crystal Eye web cam

Atheros AR5009 wifi

Broadcom BCM5784M ethernet

Im not sure if you will need anything else. I will get pics of the screen s soon as I can to post them. Does anyone have any idea why the DVD wouldnt finish booting or any other boot options I can try?? I would even go to any regular Leopard distro if Snow Leopard happens to not be an option.

Thanks for your help.

saaaaaaaaaaaaaame boat here, i get iatkos s3 v2 to boot to the apple logo the first time and it just dies right there. same laptop, same specs.

Actually can I get the 7736 users to post what what configs they installed with? i have the 7736z-4088 and I cant get S3v2 to install past 18 percent without freezing.. thanks in advance

edit - the install stalls at 18 percent for about a hour then fails. Any ideas? Identical laptop and and osx86 copy as original poster

• 2 months later...