Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
sébastien.nazaire

Missing /Extra-folder under iATKOS S3 ?

6 posts in this topic

i installed iatkos on my asus k52jc but i just can't find the extra folder ?

it should be on the root partition but there is NO folder like that.

if i choose the /Extra @ installing iatkos s3, there IS the folder, but i need to edit the com.apple.boot.plist and the search doesn't find it, smbios.plist neither O_____O

next problem: if i update via the combo update, i get a kernel panic & i think it's because this folder is missing...

is the folder just hidden or where can i find the boot.plist ?

i used "ShowAllFiles" from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and as i made the hidden folders unhidden, the extra folder appeared and so the com.apple.boot.plist

so i am fine with my iatkos s3 system, everythings working fine except the graphics but i got a solution and will try it.

next problem is the update to 10.6.4

i thought i could update just with the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] method, replacing the kernel etc after successful update, but i was wrong.

i downloaded the combo-update and opened it, installed but @ ca 85% i get a "double panic" and i need to restart. after restart i get the same panic.

what am i doing wrong ?

and how can i update ?

i visited tonymacx86's site and took a look at his tutorial, but i think i might not do those steps caused by missing folder:

"Open Finder and navigate to your Snow Leopard drive

Right-click and delete Mac OS X Install Folder. This folder is an unnecessary remnant of the

installation process, and serves no purpose."