OSx on a custom desktop rig

darkoo69

53 posts in this topic

[solved]Thats the thing when I browse to the location of the file I can find it and when I open it, it show up empty.

it seems that there comes a different "voodooHDA.kext" file in the pref package..

Did a getdump with a file coming from the voodooHDA 0.2.2 release and got the following(was too long so I attached it).

Reading from the file some of the first line found "Realtek ALC888". :P wonder why the ALC888 audio kext didn't work.

Perhaps it was a pre-Snow Leopard ALC888 audio kext, or it does not work for the Realtek ALC888S, which I believe is what your MOBO has..........VoodooHDA developments are not something I keep up on that regularly since my audio chipset is the AD1988B........

Well it seems now that everything works.. I have even tested ventrilo and it works... I have to select none or speex as codec for it too work.

Perfect... all thx to The all mighty Verdant

Glad to help........enjoy OS X.......... ;)

@ darkoo69

See here for ALC888/888S kext......