Intel GMA950 Black Screen On Games

Kiikqe

7 posts in this topic

This is the deal.

I Have everything working 100% except the graphic card which works at 90%

The 10% left is getting the games (full screen) working

I Want to run some games in full screen & then the screen turns black & the laptop backlight is still turned on

What do I Have To Do to get this fixed

Anything u need of my Hack just ask 4 it (screencaps, anything...)

Please help me :thumbsup_anim:

I am having the exact same issue with my GMA 950, I just went and got starcraft 2, and it downloaded fine, the window opens up and the music plays as well as the cursor changing to the game hardware one, but I cannot get it to go past that. Seems to be stuck on black screen. Anybody have any tips or a possible driver?!

It sounds like you are missing the CL/ Quartz extreme support for your video chipset. Although it seems like this chip would be supported out of the box (since real macs used it), unfortunately this is not 100% true. Try using an EFI string. A program called "OSx86 Tools" might come in handy. I don't think it is developed any longer but it worked for my NVidia 8400 GS. I remember seeing the intel GMA950 as an option.

Best of Luck!!!

Gigabyte ga-g31-es2l

2.2 GHz dual core Celeron e1500

Sparkle NVidia 8400 GS 256

4 GB PNY DDR2 800

It sounds like you are missing the CL/ Quartz extreme support for your video chipset. Although it seems like this chip would be supported out of the box (since real macs used it), unfortunately this is not 100% true. Try using an EFI string. A program called "OSx86 Tools" might come in handy. I don't think it is developed any longer but it worked for my NVidia 8400 GS. I remember seeing the intel GMA950 as an option.

Best of Luck!!!

Gigabyte ga-g31-es2l

2.2 GHz dual core Celeron e1500

Sparkle NVidia 8400 GS 256

4 GB PNY DDR2 800

Not really, sometimes graphics card do not work out-of-the-box, even though there the same thing in real macs.

It took me a long time to get GMA950 working in snow leopard.

And Kiikqe, this is Quartz problem as CeleronPopsicle said.

Try opening a JPEG in Preview; Making your Mac Menu bar Transparent; and/or use full screen in Keynote.

These are all checks to see of QE is working.

I am having the exact same issue with my GMA 950, I just went and got starcraft 2, and it downloaded fine, the window opens up and the music plays as well as the cursor changing to the game hardware one, but I cannot get it to go past that. Seems to be stuck on black screen. Anybody have any tips or a possible driver?!

Okay.. I've still been looking for any kind of driver update or anything to make this run, it black screens in both windowed mode and fullscreen, which I can understand as it isn't technically supported by SC2, but I run other games such as WoW, and I have seen videos of other people with the exact same setup run this. Version is 10.5.8, if anyone has a solution to this, would be very grateful.