Help with Dell Dimension 9100 Install

kyrglon

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've been trying to get osx86 to install/function on my dell dimension 9100 for a awhile now and I can't seem to get snow lep retail or hazard release to install correctly. With hazard I would just be stuck in a rebootloop after rebooting the install. I had iPC 10.5.6x before but even that would just lockup after I would be in the OSX desktop. I've read a lot of OLD posts about getting osx86 to work on this machine but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Can someone help me out here? Thanks.

:):D

Specs:

Dell Dimension 9100 Pentium D 3ghz

3 gig ram

Raedon HD 4550

you are going to need to find out more about the individual chipsets and parts that exist on you motherboard before you can find the kexts that support them

• 1 year later...
Hello,

I've been trying to get osx86 to install/function on my dell dimension 9100 for a awhile now and I can't seem to get snow lep retail or hazard release to install correctly. With hazard I would just be stuck in a rebootloop after rebooting the install. I had iPC 10.5.6x before but even that would just lockup after I would be in the OSX desktop. I've read a lot of OLD posts about getting osx86 to work on this machine but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Can someone help me out here? Thanks.

:(;)

Specs:

Dell Dimension 9100 Pentium D 3ghz

3 gig ram

Raedon HD 4550

I have a Dell Dimension 9100 with Snow Leopard!! Here's how I did it.

I downloaded naucom's ModCD, (google it, I got it off of Prasys' blog) booted from it, replaced the modcd with the SL DVD, pressed F5, and hit enter. It booted fine. Then, I launched Disk Utility from the Utilities menu and formatted my hard drive, went back into the installer, and did a normal install (with Rosetta and Quicktime 7), and it boots fine! Try that and see what happens ;)