iaktos S3_V2 on Asus P5B

darwich

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone ..

i will start off saying i have a little bit knowledge with Osx86 .. this is not my first time trying to install .. i've had it working with another computer before :( ..

Aaaand my english sucks :D

- Okay ..

Today i decided i want to play around with Mac on my PC again .. i tried once before with this computer without any luck ..

My setup looks like this:

Asus P5B

4GB PC6400 Ram

8800GTS 640mb

160Gb WD 7200Rpm

i've burned down my copy of iaktos S3_V2 and booted the dvd up ..

This is what i ended up with:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/23602433/...31_14.14.47.jpg

Can anyone tell me why it does that??

I've tried almost everything with jMacron, Achi, sata, Memory Remap and stuff ..

Any help would be appreciatet

Thanks! :D

a vanilla kernel/retail disc is the OSX kernel "as is" made by apple, with no modification (what is included on the install discs you buy and is the preferred choice by many) . Other kernels (like those included in distros use a modded kernel (think you can get various one such as the chocolate and voodoo kernel) that tried to be adapted to PCs. Think however that vanilla is better because you get a lot less problems in the long run (such as during updates) etc.

you get the disc the by well, buying it. Simply getting an upgrade disc will work for even a fresh install

a vanilla kernel/retail disc is the OSX kernel "as is" made by apple, with no modification (what is included on the install discs you buy and is the preferred choice by many) . Other kernels (like those included in distros use a modded kernel (think you can get various one such as the chocolate and voodoo kernel) that tried to be adapted to PCs. Think however that vanilla is better because you get a lot less problems in the long run (such as during updates) etc.

you get the disc the by well, buying it. Simply getting an upgrade disc will work for even a fresh install

Hmm .. im not sure i understand what you mean ..

So i go buy a retail disk and then i do what ? :/

i've tried it before yes, but i guess im still a noob then :(